Uroboros & Spectrum Reactive colors

Use this forum for discussion on kiln casting, pate de verre, and related topics.

Moderator: Brad Walker

PDXBarbara

Uroboros & Spectrum Reactive colors

Post by PDXBarbara »

Over time we've accumulated lots of info in the archives about Bullseye's reactive colors. I'd like to know your experiences with Uroboros 90 & 96 as well as Spectrum 96. Anyone have notes on this?
Thanks,
Barbara
Barbara Bader
Lauri Levanto

Post by Lauri Levanto »

There are not so many different receipes for reds and yellows. Receips conteining selenium are reactive.
It has something to do that these batches are
made under reductive athmosphere.

Rule of thunb:
Strong yellows and reds are reactive with blues and greens.
There are some greenish yellows and pinks that may not be
reactive.
-lauri
PDXBarbara

Post by PDXBarbara »

Thanks lauri.

Interesting how there are lists of which specific Bullseye colors react with which other Bullseye colors, but not for the other manufacturers' colorsl. I figured people using other glasses would be just as precise. Oh well...

barbara
Barbara Bader
Elizabeth in UK

Post by Elizabeth in UK »

Dont forget that Bullseye Fusing Compatible glass has been around for far longer than the others. As it has more 'history' it is bound to have more records.
Probably as time moves on more info about the other makes of fusing specific glass will be recorded.
PDXBarbara

Post by PDXBarbara »

Elizabeth in UK wrote:Dont forget that Bullseye Fusing Compatible glass has been around for far longer than the others. As it has more 'history' it is bound to have more records.
Probably as time moves on more info about the other makes of fusing specific glass will be recorded.
Good point, Elizabeth. I think Bullseye started making compatible glass in 1980 or '81? I just checked the Uroboros site & it says they've been making compatible glass for "more than a decade." I don't know how fast each company added colors to their compatible glass palettes, though, either.
Barbara Bader
Marty

Post by Marty »

PDXBarbara (Bader) wrote:I don't know how fast each company added colors to their compatible glass palettes, though, either.
not nearly fast enough.
PDXBarbara

Post by PDXBarbara »

Ha! Right on, Marty...
Barbara
Barbara Bader