Source for Uroboros

Use this forum for discussion on kiln casting, pate de verre, and related topics.

Moderator: Brad Walker

Joe Ruelle

Source for Uroboros

Post by Joe Ruelle »

Is C & R Loo the best place to buy Uroboros frit, powder, casting billets or is there another distributor who is comparable. I am hoping to find a source closer to the midwest to hopefully save on shipping charges. I talked to a store that handles Uroboros in Madison, but they made it sound like it would be a real effort for them to get frit in 4# containers.

Thanks, Joe from Wisconsin
Phil Brown

Post by Phil Brown »

Admittedly not a sponsor here, but since they're in my small town and do a great job I'll mention http://www.fusedglasssource.com. They also just happended to have ordered a 4# bucket of clear powder for me and they said it was a special order, even for Uroboros. Seems like the Uro's catalog said that as well (that it's not a normally stocked item for Uroboros).

bucketboy
Joe Ruelle

Post by Joe Ruelle »

Thanks Phil, I bookmarked their site. They maynot be sponsors, but their suppliers are sponsors. :D :D

Leslie and I have explored a small part of New Mexico and have the itch to get back there. I spent a week learning how to do Anasazi black on white pottery at Ghost Ranch and fell in love with the area. Can't wait to get back there again and see those vivid sunsets, shooting stars, and soft sunrises. Will check out the map and see where Silver City is located.

Thanks again for the help.

Joe from Wisconsin