Hand Tags - Pros and Cons?

The forum for discussion on business aspects of working with glass.

Moderator: Brad Walker

bailey

Hand Tags - Pros and Cons?

Post by bailey »

Should I use hand tags to boost the marketability of my jewelry? If yes, what should I say? I don't have a lot of experience in warm glass, so I can't say a lot about "the artist". I think hand tags for larger items are expected by galleries and stores, but what about smaller pieces?
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Hang-tags are nice if they're small and don't pose a problem inside the store's display case. I don't use tie-on tags, i used printed cards that the jewelry is affixed to, for example earring cards. they have the trademark name and logo on the front, and the reverse side has my name. most of my stores use a display rack that i made, and the cards are designed to go on that rack. i dont mention the process anymore on my printed cards, although a store called me today to ask about that very thing, so it's a coincidence that you should bring it up today, too. my experience is that there is a small percentage of people, either customers or store owners, who think hang tags or info cards are a good idea, but they aren't the majority. others may have a different experience with it. kitty.
Susan Wright

Post by Susan Wright »

You might consider providing seperate info sheets that include the process info and artist bio for your galleries. That way they can give out as requested. Hang tags often get junky looking in a display and I have seen nice artists and info sheets on display in those plexiglass sheet stands.

Susan W