Has anyone ever dumped their stained glass inventory?

The forum for discussion on business aspects of working with glass.

Moderator: Brad Walker

Liam

Has anyone ever dumped their stained glass inventory?

Post by Liam »

If so what's the best way to do this equitably. I have about 1000 or more sq feet. Ebay looks bad. I'm wondering if I should call other studios in the area. I'm close to a big city.
Liam
camaro

Dumping glass?

Post by camaro »

What type of glass is it- Spectrum- BE-Uroborous?
What COE is it? 90-96?
What colors? Irridized, Opalesent, solid ?
What Prices would you consider, I would possibly be very interested !! :D
Liam

Post by Liam »

I didn't mean for this to turn into a clasified. sorry. Email me if you have a question of this nature. thanks
Liam
txliam@swbell.net
Terry Ow-Wing

Post by Terry Ow-Wing »

:wink:
if you are not interested in selling you might consider donating the glass to a highschool art program - I'm sure they will be eternally grateful an dyou might even have a hand in creating a new glass artist(s)!

-Terry O.
Terry Ow-Wing Designs
Kilnformed and Lampworked Glass Art
http://GlassArt.weebly.com
Catharine Newell

Unloading stained glass inventory

Post by Catharine Newell »

Hello Liam,

I had a studio full of antique glass (gorgeous Fremont and antiques like St. Just, etc.) and sold every last bit to a local stained glass studio last summer. They came, measured, paid me what they would have paid elsewhere for new stock, and hauled it all away. Beautiful... My tiny studio quickly filled up with another light table and more BE.

Start making some calls! Catharine
Marty

dumping

Post by Marty »

I gave it all- sheet, scrap, supplies- to the local high school art dept. in January. The up side is much more room in the studio and no compatibility confusion. The down side is that they will be calling me to come help set up their stained glass program, probably in August.
Kelly Burke Makuch

Post by Kelly Burke Makuch »

If donating is not your thing--how about passing it on to beginners---find a local place that teaches and ask them if they would be willing to host a raffle. The prize being your glass - a condition of the prize would be they can come and unload . Consider everyone a winner and distribute the glass to all entrants!

I once wanted to unload the yucky pachasandria (sp) in my front planting beds--I put an ad in the penny saver FREE and had a great response--two guys came and dug it all up--rolled it up and took it away..(one man's trash is another man's treasure)
Kelly :lol: wish you were a fuser!
Doug

Post by Doug »

I still have racks full of full sheets in storage that Ive given thoughts to selling. But still in the back of my mind, I'm saving them for that rainy day when I might have to go back to making 1 layer plates and hankercheif vases.......
Bert Weiss

Post by Bert Weiss »

Doug wrote: But still in the back of my mind, I'm saving them for that rainy day when I might have to go back to making 1 layer plates and hankercheif vases.......
I didn't know that you sneezed a lot :roll: gezuhntheit
Geri Comstock

Post by Geri Comstock »

I couldn't bear to throw away some of my gorgeous stained glass scrap (lots of Yough), so I gave it to someone else on the show circuit who makes those concrete and glass pavers. They were happy to have it and I was happy to see that it would be used.

Geri