Odd email

The forum for discussion on business aspects of working with glass.

Moderator: Brad Walker

Rob Morey

Odd email

Post by Rob Morey »

I received a very short email from someone who claims to sell retail gifts in North Cyprus. I did a search on their ISP and indeed it is from Cyprus. They are only asking for minimum order and pricing on my candleholders. I realize that the internet allows for such worldwide exposure and opportunities. But is also makes the same allowances for fraud. I receive fraudulent emails on a weekly basis so I am very leery when something like this arrives. Anyone else receive this email? Does anyone have any experience or advice on what to watch out for with this guy or even how to do business internationally?

Rob
KatyPattison

Post by KatyPattison »

we have had someone contact us from Nigeria and have sent 2 or 3 orders there. We asked her how she wanted them shipped and put the shipping costs as well as the order on her MC. All has gone well.

Katy
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

small orders can be paid for with a bank transfer of funds, with the understanding that the goods will be shipped when your bank confirms receipt of funds. You dont have to reveal your account number, just give the buyer the bank and branch, and tell your bank $$ is coming from a foreign bank for deposit into your account. all should go well. i've transferred money between US and Great Britain without problem, and US and Japan, no problem. check details on freight charges. customer pays customs' charges.