gallery insurance question

The forum for discussion on business aspects of working with glass.

Moderator: Brad Walker

Jane Lindell

Post by Jane Lindell »

Dani:

Yes, I think it sounds backwards to me too. But they might be saying that 30% is their potential profit - their interest in the piece so to speak - so that is what they stand to lose if the piece is broken.

We'll see. I'll let you know how I end up. I am also checking with my insurance agent to see what my policy covers on inventory consigned elsewhere - but I am pretty sure it is just the cost of the material.

Jane
Jane Lindell

Post by Jane Lindell »

Paul:

Thanks for the references. The two Craft Report articles are informative and that book would be good also. The Allworth catalog looks like it has many much needed business references for artists.

Jane
Dani

Post by Dani »

New from Nolo - Your Crafts Business: A Legal Guide by intellectual property attorney, Richard Stim. All the plain-English information and forms you need to: 1. protect your craftwork 2. run your business 3. understand tax rules 4. license your creations. It looks to be pretty good and has a CD-ROM with all the assorted forms including a consignment agreement and copyright stuff. Even a decent invoice.