Coasters in racks?

The forum for discussion on business aspects of working with glass.

Moderator: Brad Walker

Cliff Swanson

Coasters in racks?

Post by Cliff Swanson »

I'm making some coasters to sell at a gift fair soon. For those of you who have sold coasters, do you find that there is any particular sales advantage to selling them in a rack or holder vs. without? I'm just thinking about the price break here. Anyone have a source for racks?

Thanks,

Cliff
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

i dont make coasters, but i own some absorbent stone ones, no rack. i dont like racks, Cliff. i vote for skipping that part.
Steve Immerman

Post by Steve Immerman »

I sell quite a few coaster sets, and many people particularly remark on how much they like the rack. Particularly if it is for a gift. So, I've only been selling them with one.

Aftosa carries them.

I vote for the rack.

Steve

ps. "Hi" Kitty.
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

hey steve, may i say how SPLENDID your coasters are? those are my kinda colors. very handosome! the rack doesnt make me sick, either. lol.

ps -- looks like you're movin' right along with production. you thinkin' about maybe quitting your day job?
Steve Immerman

Post by Steve Immerman »

Thanks Kitty. I'm still waiting to see more pics of your work.

Steve
bskirwin

Post by bskirwin »

How much are you selling your coasters for, with and without the rack? How much is the rack? Thanks. barbara
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

I don't include a rack. The rack Steve is using is really attractive though and I would surely consider that if you can recoup that cost in your sales price.

I just stack the four together and the bumpons keep them seated well. I tie them together with a decorative ribbon or twine for the holiday bazaar type shows since they stay together better that way :shock: , but leave them unwrapped for the gifty or arty galleries I sell through. $60 or so is what they are getting for the retail pricing for a set of 4 in the 3.5 to 4 inch range in my area.
Steve Immerman

Post by Steve Immerman »

Cynthia,

Thanks for the comments on my rack :D

I used to tie them with raffia, but I like the rack better.

I agree on the pricing.

Steve