wholesalecrafts.com

The forum for discussion on business aspects of working with glass.

Moderator: Brad Walker

aliceRI

wholesalecrafts.com

Post by aliceRI »

I have started to make some functional pieces as well as some items I may like to wholesale. I have been considering wholesalecrafts.com and was wondering if anyone has used them and has any advise for me.
Cheryl

Re: wholesalecrafts.com

Post by Cheryl »

I sell on WSC and I love it. I've been using it for a little over a year. It's a little tricky setting up your page, but they will help you as much as you need. Orders come to me by email and I've gotten some great accounts that way. You do have to go thru a jury process, and the 2nd year is about $500, just be prepared. They do email constantly with advertising opportunities but I just hit delete. Did you have any specific questions or concerns?
"Every artist was first an amateur."

--Ralph Waldo Emerson
aliceRI

Post by aliceRI »

Just wondered what kind of things you sell and if it was lucrative for you.
Cheryl

Post by Cheryl »

I sell table ware priced from $5-60 and vases priced from $89-175 as well as a few other items. I have found it to be very cost-effective and I have a lot of repeat orders, and a fairly steady stream of new orders. Some are one-time deals, but not too many. It's definitely worth a shot! You need professional photos to show your work at its best.
"Every artist was first an amateur."

--Ralph Waldo Emerson
aliceRI

Post by aliceRI »

Thanks Cheryl.
kelly alge

Post by kelly alge »

I did the very first show WSC in Las Vegas. First shows are never good (and I knew this) but it really taught me some lessons about wholesale and I'm glad I went. There were very few buyers at that show, but I got some accounts, but nothing fantastic and some of the galleries have gone out of business since. The best thing I learned is that I don't want to do wholesale and do lots of production work. It took the joy out of working for me, but I wouldn't have known that had I not tried...and really, come to think of it what I really wanted back then was more $ to buy equipment:) which I did get as a result of selling production stuff :D
WSC does put out beautiful publications, which I still receive twice a year. They do a great job on those:)
kelly alge

"An ordinary life is a crime" -eric schmider