and I thought the economy was bad

The forum for discussion on business aspects of working with glass.

Moderator: Brad Walker

Lynn Perry

and I thought the economy was bad

Post by Lynn Perry »

I just started purchasing from a new jewelry findings distributor last December and have spent about $500 with them so far. When I started using one type of the findings, I noticed the silver plating was starting to bubble, probably due to poor cleaning of the base metal. I contacted the distributor and explained the problem. They commented that with the low cost of their findings, most of their customers just discarded problems. I explained that of the 100 pieces, 67 had problems, so they agreed to replace the findings or refund the purchase price upon receipt of the pieces. First they required me to use their mailing label which they would email me. After 45 days and numerious emails and two phone calls, they have ceased all communication and no mail label....

The refund amount is only $34, and I am surprised they would lose a new customer over such a trivial amount, but so it goes, nice selections, decent prices, but totally unable to handle a problem.
Lynn Perry
Dolores

Re: and I thought the economy was bad

Post by Dolores »

They probably had problems with the entire stock they already had on hand and didn't want to bother sorting through/throwing out/losing money on the ones that were defective. Most likely the plating was all done overseas too (no way to recoup their loss). Hope you can find a better supplier :(

DOLORES
Terry Ow-Wing

Post by Terry Ow-Wing »

who is the distributor?
Terry Ow-Wing Designs
Kilnformed and Lampworked Glass Art
http://GlassArt.weebly.com
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

Lynne,I can't speak from personal experience but when I lived in North America, silversmiths I knew said good things about Rio Grande.
Jen