Display Lighting & credit cards

The forum for discussion on business aspects of working with glass.

Moderator: Brad Walker

Brook

Post by Brook »

Claudia Whitten wrote:Brook,
I am interested in the swiper and printer and battery you got. I went to the site and could not find that number. NURIT 3020U, is the number right? I will give them a call, I just like to see and read something before I am talking on the phone..........Claudia
Claudia,

That is the right number and I also tried to find the equipment online and couldn't find it. But if you give Steven a call I'm sure he could email or fax you something on it.

Brook
Brook L. Alsdurf
Creative Glass by Brook
Manassas, Virginia
Claudia Whitten

Post by Claudia Whitten »

Thanks Brook,
I called Discover Card and then the NPC and NPC said the $20.00 monthly fee effects all accounts. Even though I did not get a letter.
They offer a seasonaly set up for just the months you use. I just don't like a company that will hit you with something like that after they have gotten your business. So, I'am looking for another company. I will give Steven a call later today.
Thanks again........Claudia
Dolores

Post by Dolores »

Just a thought... is there anything preventing one from running their own card monthly for $20 in the off season just to prevent the fee? Nah, what a pain! Me thinks I'll look into the Global service mentioned in the other thread!

DOLORES (always looking for a legal loophole)
Susan Moore

Post by Susan Moore »

Dolores,

No, you're not allowed to run your own card but that wouldn't help you anyway because the fee is a minimum charge and it is based on your transaction fees. If you have sales that incur fees of $20 or more then there is no additional charge. If your sales generate fees of anything less than $20 they will charge the fee to round up the charges to equal $20. Basically they are just trying to weed out all the small accounts or inactive accounts. It's working!

Susan
Dolores

Post by Dolores »

consider me weeded!

DOLORES