wrapping paper

The forum for discussion on business aspects of working with glass.

Moderator: Brad Walker

Marc Demian

wrapping paper

Post by Marc Demian »

I've been using newspaper to wrap my glass at sale but I think it's a bit tacky. Any ideas what to use? And where to get it? Thanks! Marc
Goldfinger

Wrapping Paper

Post by Goldfinger »

Marc: Contact Fetpak at http://www.fetpak.com Request new catalog.

Steve
Susan Moore

Post by Susan Moore »

Geri Comstock

Post by Geri Comstock »

I like to wrap work that's been purchased in bubblepack. Its bouncy nature minimizes the risk that it may be accidentally broken as someone continues their shopping.

Geri
Gale aka artistefem

Post by Gale aka artistefem »

Go to your local newpaper printing company for end rolls of paper. This is the unprinted, pristine version of newprint. You can usually pick it up for next to nothing - here we pay $5.00 for end rolls of a 15-20" diameter. In CO, they begged us to take it away -- for free.

This unprinted paper is not too tacky It can be used for a multitude of things, like yards and yards of kids drawings, glass project sketching, wrapping and shipping jobs, stuffing shirts when someone needs to appear preggers, creates an inexpensive light dome for photography, covers the floor when slinging paint or mud, faux mummification wrappings. My grandaughter's favorite - painted tutus and super heroine capes. The list is long............
Lynn g

Post by Lynn g »

I once did a show where I wanted something a little classier than newspaper. I talked to the shopowner where I sold stuff on consignment, and she ordered two colors of tissue paper for me along with her regular order, so I got it at her bulk price.

Costco is a good source for big packages of white tissue paper.
Lynn g
"Patriotism is not enough, I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone." - Dame Edith Cavell
gone

Post by gone »

The stuff that comes between the sheets of glass works as well.
Marc Demian

Post by Marc Demian »

Thanks everyone for your ideas. I've checked the sites posted and I'll try Costco as well. For now, I got some unprinted newspaper from the mailbox store. It will get me through the next show. Marc
Kate Saunders

Post by Kate Saunders »

I use the paper that doctors use on their examination tables. I have a friend who's a doctor, and I buy it by the case from him. Works great!
Kate