Liability Insurance

The forum for discussion on business aspects of working with glass.

Moderator: Brad Walker

Marc Demian

Liability Insurance

Post by Marc Demian »

Any ideas for liability insurance covering craft shows? Is there a way to compare companies online? Who do you use? Thanks, marc
Tim Lewis

Post by Tim Lewis »

Take a look at the ACC professional members policy. It incudes liability while at shows, customers at your studio, loss of work in transit, and more.

Tim
Tim
Carol Craiglow

Post by Carol Craiglow »

Tim...Thanks for that info...do you have a rough idea of how much it costs per year?

carol
Bob L Workshop - Take Two
June 10-11-12
Santa Fe NM
http://www.warmglass.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=10420
gone

Post by gone »

In Washington State, it costs $400 per year. It's can be less, depending on where you live.

Els
Tim Lewis

Post by Tim Lewis »

Sorry, I don't have numbers. You would need to complete the info stuff for them to get a real quote. It is probably worth it to establish a sort of baseline for comparison. Remember this is a fairly comprehensive policy and includes your studio. Most home or renters insurance won't do that. They also deal with artists everyday so you don't have to do so much explaining/begging.
Tim
Bert Weiss

Re: Liability Insurance

Post by Bert Weiss »

Marc Demian wrote:Any ideas for liability insurance covering craft shows? Is there a way to compare companies online? Who do you use? Thanks, marc
Call your local insurance agent and tell him/her that you need Manufacturers and Contractors Liability insurance. Mine is for 2,000,000 max and covers me to, from, and at jobsites and trade shows.
Bert

Bert Weiss Art Glass*
http://www.customartglass.com
Furniture Lighting Sculpture Tableware
Architectural Commissions
anita

also looking for liabiltiy insurance

Post by anita »

hi we have been asked to produce liability insurance that portects us at art fairs. i noticed that someone said to check ACC policy - is this the American craft council? does anyone have phone numbers or web site info for any of the companies that were recomended? thanks for your help we are new to the insurance thing and alittle confused. thanks again anita
anita

also looking for liabiltiy insurance

Post by anita »

hi we have been asked to produce liability insurance that portects us at art fairs. i noticed that someone said to check ACC policy - is this the American craft council? does anyone have phone numbers or web site info for any of the companies that were recomended? thanks for your help we are new to the insurance thing and alittle confused. thanks again anita :D
gone

Re: also looking for liabiltiy insurance

Post by gone »

anita wrote:hi we have been asked to produce liability insurance that portects us at art fairs. i noticed that someone said to check ACC policy - is this the American craft council? does anyone have phone numbers or web site info for any of the companies that were recomended? thanks for your help we are new to the insurance thing and alittle confused. thanks again anita :D
That's the one I have. My contact was Nancy Belliveau at 1-800-274-6364.
It's through the Ohio Casualty Group and the annual payment is supposed to be $314, but my state has a minimum premium of $400, which I don't really understand. It has $1,000,000 in liability coverage per occurance. It covers your work at the shop, at shows and in transit and also loss of wages if you have a fire fire or something. I hope I'll never need it!

Els