Who's going to Arrowmont?

The forum for discussion on business aspects of working with glass.

Moderator: Brad Walker

Barbara Cashman

Who's going to Arrowmont?

Post by Barbara Cashman »

I'm not sure where to post this question, but who on the board is going to Arrowmont (Gatlinburg TN) in July for Brock and Avery's 2-WEEK course?? I would love to connect with anyone attending. I'm most excited, with a tinge of angst also...in that I have not taken a class in over 20 years. Being self-taught, this is a most interesting experience I have scheduled for myself, and I am really looking forward to interacting with the other people from the board who are attending. :) . - Barbara
Barbara Muth

Post by Barbara Muth »

Barbara I am excited for you! I think the best pert of a class is the exchange of ideas and creativity that being in a room full of fusers generates. And Brock and Avery are such fun! Wish I could be there!

another Barbara
Barbara
Check out the glass manufacturer's recommended firing schedules...
LATEST GLASS
Chris Rogahn

Post by Chris Rogahn »

Hi Barbara,
I'll be there :D This is actually my very first post to the Warm Glass Board (I've been lurking - I mean learning - for the last year or so). I'm also excited (and of course a tinge nervous) about the class. Glass isn't my day job, so the thought of two whole weeks of uninterrupted creativity is almost unfathomable to me! I've taken 4 classes down at Arrowmont, so if you have any burning questions about the school, please ask. I look forward to meeting you.
Chris Rogahn
Barbara Cashman

Arrowmont is fabulous. Being able to stay on campus the whole time means a lot. My husband & I took classes there many years ago--from Albinus Elskus and Kenneth von Rohan, and a fusing course from someone I have never heard of since. Our own beloved leader, Brad, is also teaching there the following week. Sorry I didn't remember, Brad!!!! :oops: Anyway, if you really want to take some great classes at an ever-so-reasonable-price, come join us!! [url]www.arrowmont.org - Barbara
Bonita (Nita) Crawford

Post by Bonita (Nita) Crawford »

I took a week's class with Gil Reynolds, and it pushed me into the
change of life - glass life, that is. I had been fusing for about 5
years, but I had never used Bullseye. I still can't get enough of
that beautiful stuff.

Gil was an excellent teacher, and I loved the Arrowmount campus. I hear it is much lovelier now with some newer facilities, too.

Wish I could go this year. I have written Arrowmount several times
over the years asking them to schedule more fused glass classes,
and now I can't make one! Right now I am totally immersed in the
care of my 91 year old mother who recently had two falls resulting
in 2 broken shoulders and 2 broken ribs. Talk about being almost
totally helpless, but she is getting better.

Don't feel too sorry for me, though, because I am going to get to
go to Vitrum next week for Bob Leatherbarrow's two day class in
Powder and Frit. My Bill says he is going to make that happen.

Warmly,
Nita
Carole Burton

Post by Carole Burton »

I HAVE TAKEN ABOUT 8 OR 9 COURSES AT ARROWMONT OVER A DOZEN YEARS AND HAVE THROUGHLY ENJOYED EVERYONE. GREAT PLACE TO GO AND LEARN IN A BEAUTIFUL SETTING. WONDERFUL TEACHERS. IF THAT IS NOT ENOUGH, IN MY OPINION, THE FOOD IS NOT ONLY GOOD, BUT HEALTHY. :D

I WILL BE THERE FOR BRAD'S CLASS (JULY 7-11) AND FOR AVERY AND BROCK'S CLASS (JULY 14-25). GETTING SO EXCITED TO STUDY WITH ALL OF THEM. \:D/ CAN'T WAIT UNTIL JULY......

ANYONE ELSE GOING? CAROLE......S. C.
Brian and Jenny Blanthorn

Re: Who's going to Arrowmont?

Post by Brian and Jenny Blanthorn »

Barbara Cashman wrote:I'm not sure where to post this question, but who on the board is going to Arrowmont (Gatlinburg TN) in July for Brock and Avery's 2-WEEK course?? I would love to connect with anyone attending. I'm most excited, with a tinge of angst also...in that I have not taken a class in over 20 years. Being self-taught, this is a most interesting experience I have scheduled for myself, and I am really looking forward to interacting with the other people from the board who are attending. :) . - Barbara
Hope things R OK with U

No not going glass workers R not allowed off the Island

Like Murano over here
Barbara Cashman

Carole Burton wrote:I HAVE TAKEN ABOUT 8 OR 9 COURSES AT ARROWMONT OVER A DOZEN YEARS AND HAVE THROUGHLY ENJOYED EVERYONE. GREAT PLACE TO GO AND LEARN IN A BEAUTIFUL SETTING. WONDERFUL TEACHERS. IF THAT IS NOT ENOUGH, IN MY OPINION, THE FOOD IS NOT ONLY GOOD, BUT HEALTHY. :D

I WILL BE THERE FOR BRAD'S CLASS (JULY 7-11) AND FOR AVERY AND BROCK'S CLASS (JULY 14-25). GETTING SO EXCITED TO STUDY WITH ALL OF THEM. \:D/ CAN'T WAIT UNTIL JULY......

ANYONE ELSE GOING? CAROLE......S. C.
Wow! How wonderful! Where else can you get great food, lodging, instruction, comraderie and the Smoky Mtns all in one place (anyone for Dollywood while we're there :lol: ) I am sooooo looking forward to meeting y'all. I heard the classes are not full. So, if there's anyone on the fence, c'mon :!: - Barbara
rosanna gusler

Post by rosanna gusler »

fence sitting, i wish. i am envious. you will have a ball. the days will go by so fast. saving my pennies for sept. rosanna[/quote]