New Spectrum Thin Fusing Glas

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

tom suter

New Spectrum Thin Fusing Glas

Post by tom suter »

Rumor time. I heard that Specturm has got several of their fusing colors now in thin and are suppose to make thin of all the fusing colors. Has anyone else heard about this? Also if anyone is interested its a different topic but if you use regular Spectrum Glass for slumping and you have local Hobby lobby you can go their site http://www.hobbylobby.com and print a internet cupon to be used in their store for stained glass 50% good until Aug 14 pm. Sorry to retailers of Spectrum glass but some deal are just to good not to pass on.

Tom Head Fool @ Tom's Foolery
Tony Smith

Post by Tony Smith »

Tom,

It's no rumour, they are making a number of their colors in thin. I've seen some of the glass and it's... well, it's thin.

Tony
The tightrope between being strange and being creative is too narrow to walk without occasionally landing on both sides..." Scott Berkun
dee

Post by dee »

Tony Smith wrote:Tom,

It's no rumour, they are making a number of their colors in thin. I've seen some of the glass and it's... well, it's thin.

Tony
same thin as be thin tony? or thinner? ;)
D
Dee Janssen
Unicorn's Creations Studio
http://ucjewelry.com
dee@ucjewelry.com
Lynne Chappell

Post by Lynne Chappell »

It's 2mm so I don't think it's as thin as BE.
Lynne Chappell

Post by Lynne Chappell »

Sorry, I guess I should clarify that for the metrically challenged. Regular System 96 is 3mm and the thin is 2mm.

It's weird here in Canada. When they started the metric conversion, they changed all the thicknesses of materials to metric, but not the surface area. Then the government got cold feet and didn't proceed with mandatory conversions. So we get 3mm thick glass, sold by the square foot.
Tony Smith

Post by Tony Smith »

Lynne Chappell wrote:Regular System 96 is 3mm and the thin is 2mm.
What she said.

Tony
The tightrope between being strange and being creative is too narrow to walk without occasionally landing on both sides..." Scott Berkun