new little panel pieces

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

kelly alge

new little panel pieces

Post by kelly alge »

Thought I'd share a new little piece- (even though it's a pretty crummy photo job)
:oops:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/656 ... 6413DWEIyu
kelly alge

"An ordinary life is a crime" -eric schmider
Mira

Post by Mira »

I really like your concept. What did you use to frame it? Is it under glass in a frame, or on top?

very nice! :D
Lisa W.

Post by Lisa W. »

hey Kelly,
:lol: [img]Love%20them[/img]. You did'nt say what size they are.
Lisa W.

Post by Lisa W. »

hey Kelly,
Love Them. Great concept.You did'nt say what size they are.
kelly alge

Post by kelly alge »

thanks!
They're pretty small, the openings in the mat are each 5"x7", so the actual glass pieces are roughly the size of an index card... The outer frame is 14"x17", I think.
kelly alge

Dani

Post by Dani »

These are great! I'd love to see a whole gallery of them. Are you plannng a show?? :wink:
Carol Silrum

Post by Carol Silrum »

Hi Kelly,
Really nice! What size kiln did you use? I have a small Hot Box and have always wondered if I could do tiles in it. The shelf is 6" x 6" -- not sure it would work. Anyway, your pieces are very interesting. :D
Carol Silrum

Post by Carol Silrum »

Hi Kelly,
Really nice! What size kiln did you use? I have a small Hot Box and have always wondered if I could do tiles in it. The shelf is 6" x 6" -- not sure it would work. Anyway, your pieces are very interesting. :D
Carol Silrum

Post by Carol Silrum »

:oops: Sorry for the double post -- you can tell I am new to this! Carol :roll:
kelly alge

Post by kelly alge »

Dani, I'm working on that!

Carol, I did these in my 18" jen-ken... You may be able to do tiles in a hot box if you go REALLY slow, but I've never tried anything that big in my quickfire. I have a brand new jen-ken oval kiln sitting in my studio waiting for me to get all of my junk moved out there (husband finally kicked me and my stuff out of the "house") :wink: I wish I had a hot box to use with my bracelet kit- the 18" is not so easy to use if you value your eyebrows.... #-o
kelly alge

Dani

Post by Dani »

Have you thought of checking in your area for galleries that have an annual miniatures show? That might be a good stepping stone to a one-woman show. They'd probably jump at the chance to include something a little different from the usual. :idea:
kelly alge

Post by kelly alge »

That's an avenue I had never thought of...

I do have to laugh at the thought of a "one woman show"- it sounds like my daily life! My husband is a varsity football coach, so I'm 'widowed' until December with 3 little ones (sometimes 4), a neurotic dog, a load of shows, and my busy season is coming up....

some call it "football season", but around here it's "do it your darn self season" :lol:
kelly alge