Beadmaking

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

BNordeen

Beadmaking

Post by BNordeen »

I am working with 90 cof rods - clear - Bullseye - and I'm using a 30 lb tank of Mapp gas - when I make clear beads, the clear looks yellowish. I have done several tests and I still get yellowish ugh! When I used the 1lb canister I did not have this problem. HELP :roll:
Mimi Rivera Vellek

Post by Mimi Rivera Vellek »

I think you've posted your question to the wrong Board-- try posting to Wet Canvas or ISGB and they should be able to help you.
Melodie

Post by Melodie »

I may be way off here but do they make different grades of Mapp?

Sounds like there may be something in the tank or in the gas itself that is causing this reaction, especially since you are not getting the same reaction with the smaller tank.

Melodie
Barbara Muth

Post by Barbara Muth »

yellowing often happens when you are working in the wrong part of the flame. I would recommend that you follow Mimi's advice and go to either the glass board at wetcanvas or the bb at isgb.org. That's where most of the lampworkers hang out. They should be able to answer your question super fast.

barbara
Barbara
Check out the glass manufacturer's recommended firing schedules...
LATEST GLASS