Skutt Pinto Kiln

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

GlassSister

Skutt Pinto Kiln

Post by GlassSister »

Hi I just bought a used Skutt Pinto Kiln and know "NOTHING" about kilns, fusing etc. There was no book or instructions with it. I am wondering if anyone has any infor on this particular kiln they would share with me. It had been fired apx 4 times and I paid $175.00 for it. I hope I got a good deal. thanks for any info..
jerry flanary

Post by jerry flanary »

I just did a gooogle search for Skutt Pinto Kiln and got lots of info what more do you need to Know? Local Fire Codes!
j.
Lynne Chappell

Post by Lynne Chappell »

Well yes you got a good deal. Skutt is still making basically the same kiln - it is the only manual kiln in their glass kiln line (I can't recall the model number right now), and it is the same as the HotStart kiln with different controls. I used one for the first year I was firing glass. But it is a manual kiln so you have to watch the pyrometer while it's firing. Email me if you want some help in firing.
GlassSister

Post by GlassSister »

jerry flanary wrote:I just did a gooogle search for Skutt Pinto Kiln and got lots of info what more do you need to Know? Local Fire Codes!
j.

At least one on every board huh...
jerry flanary

Post by jerry flanary »

No.
It's just me. I'm on all the boards, sista.
j.