float frit test cr loo

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

rosanna gusler

float frit test cr loo

Post by rosanna gusler »

some poor pics of full fuse, 1530f+- assorted frit and confetti on float. borax overspray. rosanna http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/wancheseart float frit album
Nikki ONeill

Post by Nikki ONeill »

Rosanna:
Nice test! The colors look really clear and bright. Were the frit and confetti fused on the surface of two pieces of float? At first glance it looked like the samples might be in a sandwich. I'm curious as to whether float frit really melts in well at full fuse or remains discrete (compared to BE).
Nikki
p.s. did you find a use for the 20cm square thin float pieces?
Kim Bellis

Post by Kim Bellis »

Rosanna:
Nice test - bright colors, I really like that. I am confused, what type (coe) frit is this? Is it made specially for float?
thanks
Kim
Judy Schnabel

Post by Judy Schnabel »

Kim,

Float-compatible confetti, powders and frit can be purchased from C&R Loo.

Judy
Kim Bellis

Post by Kim Bellis »

Judy:
Thank you - this is good to know
rosanna gusler

Post by rosanna gusler »

hi nikki, yes on top. it melted in/on just fine. no i havn't used those yet but i am sneaking up on it. i am happy with the brightness of the colors. i am making a bunch of x-masy stuff for a couple of festival type shows in nov. these will work just fine for that. way different from my usual muted palett of colors. rosanna
Liam

Post by Liam »

Have you checked compatability with a polariscope? I always thought float glass had a fairly broad coe range, am I wrong?
Liam
rosanna gusler

Post by rosanna gusler »

just looked at them through the polarised filters, no stress that i could see. float varies. i just use glass from the same sheet with itsself. that frit and confetti is so thin that it probably doesn't matter much. that stuff will cut the fool out of you however. why i did not think that it was glass....duh. rosanna