Pilchuck Auction - Inquiring Minds Want to know.......

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Phil Hoppes

Pilchuck Auction - Inquiring Minds Want to know.......

Post by Phil Hoppes »

Ok....the auction was yesterday so is there anybody out there with the scoop on how all of us fusers faired? How was the auction? How were the parties???

Phil 8-[
Pam Hrycyk

Post by Pam Hrycyk »

Phil - You're too early. Last night was the public event. Tonight is the auction.

Pam
Brock

Re: Pilchuck Auction - Inquiring Minds Want to know.......

Post by Brock »

Phil Hoppes wrote:Ok....the auction was yesterday so is there anybody out there with the scoop on how all of us fusers faired? How was the auction? How were the parties???

Phil 8-[
Hey Phil, it was great! The food was fabulous, as usual, I actually couldn't finish it all, and the auction raised a fair bit of money. They announced about a half mill for the Live auction, 2 hundred thou for the silents and when you add in the admittance and the centerpieces they may well have cleared a million.

We had a great table with Avery, Steve Immerman, Jackie, and her friend Terry from Chicago, Dick and Marlene Ditore, Amy and Doug Schlief-Mohr,
Sharon Gilbert, from Talisman Glass in Chicago, and myself.

Jackie Beckman and Jack Doppler sold for the maximum bid early in the evening, and Amy, Avery, Doug and I all did well.

As the announcer was counting down the final few seconds of the silent auction that I was in, I just happened (hah!) to be standing near my piece.
Two couples were standing there, pens in hand, trying desperately to make the final bid. I jokingly, (sort of) said that I would make another piece for the unsuccessful bidder, and one of the couples took me up on it. Bonus!

The next morning we all dragged our hangovers out to breakfast and headed in all directions to our homes.

Next year, MANY more warm glass entries.
My memory is so good, I can't remember the last time I forgot something . . .
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

The auction was amazing! I may be particularly enchanted with the evening because it was my first time there, and I was just blown away. Too much fun!!

The glass was more breathtaking in person than I even imagined, the people I met were so kind and full of flattery, and the entire presentation was so beautifully done.

I wish I had random pictures of some of the "fashion statements"! I don't, but perhaps when Doc Steve goes through his pictures he can amaze you all with the "naked-n-fur" dress, and such garments. He can carry on a conversation and still never miss a photo opp! What a talent! I'm more anxiously awaiting his picture CD than ever before. In the meanwhile, I happen to have a few snapshots of the night, if anyone's interested:

http://dell.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67 ... 54f558e47d
Brock

Post by Brock »

. . . just another picture from the Pilchuck Auction . . .

http://www.yourphotoz.com/photoz/viewPh ... 2486&cls=5

Rudolph
My memory is so good, I can't remember the last time I forgot something . . .
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

Brock wrote:. . . just another picture from the Pilchuck Auction . . .

http://www.yourphotoz.com/photoz/viewPh ... 2486&cls=5

Rudolph

Ooooh - How funny! I was just at that site buying a copy of that picture! And bunches of others, too.

J
Dick Ditore

Post by Dick Ditore »

What a great time! We were thrilled to be there, see so much great glass, and support our much deserving friends! Here's to next year needing more tables!

Dick and Marlene
Phil Hoppes

Post by Phil Hoppes »

Congratulations to all!!!!! Sounds like it was really a lot of fun. Hopefully next year I will be able to make it, maybe even with an entry in tow!!!

Phil