Armstrong "Float Fire-82"

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

DonMcClennen

Armstrong "Float Fire-82"

Post by DonMcClennen »

If it were not enough of a challenge keeping my "90" Bullseye, Wasser,and Urob. separate from my "96" Spectrum and Urob. now I see Armstrong has introduced "Float Fire 82" to be compatible with "all" float.
I'm always glad to see more choice being offered but this will make keeping all this stuff separated even more difficult.
Has anyone tried this COE-82 (+/- 3) ? ](*,)
"The Glassman"
Ron Coleman

Post by Ron Coleman »

http://www.armstrongglass.com/index.htm

See the "Announcement" center of the page. No solid colors :(

Ron
rodney

Post by rodney »

since this is float glass,,,,what are they using to get the colors, thanks,rodney
Tami C

Post by Tami C »

I got my Float fire sample set on Friday. It looks to me like the color is a paint or enamel applied to the surface. The colors are bright and clear, but I was hoping for solids, not streakys. I think they are a little expensive too, but that cost would probably be offset by the inexpensive float.
My two cents....
TamiC
Liam

Post by Liam »

Tami C wrote:I got my Float fire sample set on Friday. It looks to me like the color is a paint or enamel applied to the surface. TamiC
Hmm, this might be good glass to do that Fenton thing with 3/8" strips layed up on their side to get a basket weave effect.