KISS

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Randy W

KISS

Post by Randy W »

Does anyone out there use the Kiln Interface Software System ?
Do you like it ?
Is it easy to use?
Are there other interface systems that work with the Rampmaster II?

Randy
When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.
Lisa Allen

Post by Lisa Allen »

I don't know about the software, but I had a crush on Ace Frehley for a few years.

Lisa
Lisa Allen
http://www.lisa-allen.com
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
Cher

Re: KISS

Post by Cher »

Randy Wesner wrote:Does anyone out there use the Kiln Interface Software System ?
Do you like it ?
Is it easy to use?
Are there other interface systems that work with the Rampmaster II?

Randy

Randy, I'm gonna be checking it out w/ my rampmaster II so it'll run mama bear kiln real soon. I'll get details, they say it's real easy to hook up no really! the online manual shows photos of basic windows ops. I'll keep you posted and if you find out more before I do, let me know! thanks, Yo

http://www.evenheat-kiln.com and go to their manual section for operating the kiln and there is a page or so w/pics.
>^..^<
Tony Serviente

Post by Tony Serviente »

Reservation I'd have over any PC based controller is what happens in the event of a power spike, or PC freeze up. My dedicated controller will happily re power up and resume the firing schedule. A PC won't. Only way I'd consider something like KISS, is to dedicate an old PC to only run that one application and nothing else, and put in on an uninterruptible power source(battery back up). Even then, I'd want lots of attended firings to have confidence. The concept is great, I would just worry about reliability.
Randy W

Post by Randy W »

The Rampmaster 2 holds six programs, I figure I use way more than six firing schedules. You can store a whole lot more in a computer. I checked into the program and it costs $375.00 !!!! I guess programing everytime I fire isn't all that bad.

Randy
When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.
Cher

Noel, really!

Post by Cher »

Randy Wesner wrote:The Rampmaster 2 holds six programs, I figure I use way more than six firing schedules. You can store a whole lot more in a computer. I checked into the program and it costs $375.00 !!!! I guess programing everytime I fire isn't all that bad.

Randy
Don't know about anybody else, but what I'm planning to use the rampmaster for is to ALSO control a separate kiln, in my case a 16in paragon. the KISS pgm along with the harness can control 10 separate kilns.

The power backup is to be considered, didn't know the controller will pick up where left off. HMMMM. Will also consider just a separate controller for the paragon, or maybe just settle for a new infinate control switch, since the old one went blooey and gotta get one anyway.

more info on the way. Honestly, the sales rep I talked to today is named NOEL!!
Yo Ho Ho and happy hollidays
>^..^<
Tony Serviente

Post by Tony Serviente »

The other day I was talking to someone named Holly Berry and she swore it is her year round name.