Begging letter

The forum for discussion on business aspects of working with glass.

Moderator: Brad Walker

Marty

Begging letter

Post by Marty »

Add this to the Nigerian dictator's wife's appeal for help.

I got a letter from a Kristi Radford of Cleveland MS who asks for a "donation of any sort for my silent auction" and goes on to mention (with tortured syntax and spelling mistakes) a "trust fund" she'd like to set up for the 2 children of her late Interior Design teacher, and that the proceeds of the auction will enable her and a companion to go to Puerto Rico in March to study the arts there "because everyone is always talking about the arts and architecture of places like England and Italy but rarely about that of Puerto Rico". And on and on.

No one talks about the arts and architecture of Secaucus, New Jersey, or the Isle of Wight either, for that matter.

She says she's working on her senior thesis for Interior Design and Crafts at Delta State U. There's no listing for her or the program at the DSU website.

Anyone on the board from Cleveland, MS? I'm just curious; I'd like to know how many of those letters (with sealing wax!) she sent out.
If the Crafts Report board was up, I'd post there too.

Marty
ellen abbott

Post by ellen abbott »

You sure seem to get all the kooks.

E
Lou_Ohio

Post by Lou_Ohio »

I am from Cleveland and have no idea what the MS stands for (just BS).
Saw your work at the JCC last year … great stuff.
Marty

Post by Marty »

Mississippi
dee

Post by dee »

ellen abbott wrote:You sure seem to get all the kooks.

E
hehehehe it's all that famousness coming back to haunt him ;))
D
Dee Janssen
Unicorn's Creations Studio
http://ucjewelry.com
dee@ucjewelry.com
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

low gene pool scam artist on drugs.
Brian and Jenny Blanthorn

Re: Begging letter

Post by Brian and Jenny Blanthorn »

Marty wrote:Add this to the Nigerian dictator's wife's appeal for help.

I got a letter from a Kristi Radford of Cleveland MS who asks for a "donation of any sort for my silent auction" and goes on to mention (with tortured syntax and spelling mistakes) a "trust fund" she'd like to set up for the 2 children of her late Interior Design teacher, and that the proceeds of the auction will enable her and a companion to go to Puerto Rico in March to study the arts there "because everyone is always talking about the arts and architecture of places like England and Italy but rarely about that of Puerto Rico". And on and on.

No one talks about the arts and architecture of Secaucus, New Jersey, or the Isle of Wight either, for that matter.

She says she's working on her senior thesis for Interior Design and Crafts at Delta State U. There's no listing for her or the program at the DSU website.

Anyone on the board from Cleveland, MS? I'm just curious; I'd like to know how many of those letters (with sealing wax!) she sent out.
If the Crafts Report board was up, I'd post there too.

Marty
Clearly

U have made it n R now realy famous

Its my turn next

Brian
Marty

Post by Marty »

Brian- did you send Mrs. Abiola (one of the widows of the late Mr. X, former petroleum minister of Nigeria) the information she requested?
U have to start somewhere if you want famousity.
I will advise Ms Radford that her quest for art and architechture will be fulfilled on an unspecified island in the British Isles.....
Marty