Glue Experiment

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Tony Serviente

Glue Experiment

Post by Tony Serviente »

[/img]http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tsglas ... Images[img]
First attempt at posting image, so here goes.

Here is result of a quick test I did over the weekend. Used big enough blanks to make sure there was possibility of burnoff entrapment, as I wanted to see which was cleanest. Results surprised me. No difference between Elmers full, cut, and Aileens. Scotch tape was pretty good too, only slight remnant, very faintly hazy. Modeling clay was fun, its even better in person. Stayed away from the thin stuff like Fusers glue and Aqua Net, as they aren't useful for the work I do most of the time. I have to do some more runs in the next week. If anyone has suggestions for fusing adhesives to test, let me know.[/img]
Dani

Post by Dani »

Go ahead and laugh, Tony, but I've wondered if honey or syrup would have enough tack to hold the glass and burn off neatly. At least there wouldn't be a toxic burn-off hazard, right? Hey, it's candy-making time and that sweet stuff is really sticky :!: Why wouldn't it work??
charlie

Post by charlie »

hot gun glue
rubber cement
Lou_Ohio

Post by Lou_Ohio »

super glue.
what happen to the pic ?
Stephanie

Post by Stephanie »

Lou_Ohio wrote:super glue.
what happen to the pic ?
Doesn't super glue give off cyanide gas?