Glass Getaway 2004 in Palm Beach?

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Nancy D

Glass Getaway 2004 in Palm Beach?

Post by Nancy D »

Hello,
Does anyone one know anything about the Glass Getaway in Palm Beach, FL. It's to be held in February and sponsered by The Glass Craftsman Magazine. I'm fairly new to working with glass and would love to learn more about painting with frits and enamels.
Any comments would be apprecitated.
Thanks, Nancy.
vblue

Post by vblue »

I had considered going to that show because I wanted to take Kay Bain Weiner's class on painting with enamels, powders and frits. I've had a couple of other class with Kay and she is awesome!!! (I decided to wait for either Glass Expo or AGA in Portland.)

I don't know anything about that show because I think it is a fairly new show. Almost all the instructors listed are very well known.......Lisa Vogt, Tommy G. Petra, Joe P. etc. are considered experts in their fields.

Kay is also teaching the class at Glass Expo in March.
http://www.glasscraftexpo.com

Vernelle
glassy lady

Post by glassy lady »

the show is being held at a local glass supplier in Lake Worth called McMow Glass. I have taken many classes there and they are excellent teachers-instructors and extremely nice people. They are as you said having some very well know artists. Unfortunately my schedule is very hectic in Feb. so I won't be able to attend. For any of you that want to take these workshops, I have one thing to say, temperatures will most likely be in the 80's and we have the most beautiful beaches.
Bobbie
Nancy D

Post by Nancy D »

Thanks Bobbie and Vernelle.
That's what I needed to know. I'd really like to go.
I appreciate your help.
bye Nancy