Gradient photo backdrops

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Mike Jordan

Re: Gradient photo backdrops

Post by Mike Jordan »

Here is a web site that has gradiant colors to use as a background on web sites. Maybe the gray one will work for you.

http://www.sersale.org/gifs.htm

If you do a google search on "gradient color background" you will get Photoshop information on how to create them too.

The EZcube works great to light small items so you don't get a lot of unwanted highlights. I've used mine a bunch of times for different things.

Mike
It's said that inside each of us is an artist trying to get out. Well mine got out... and I haven't seen him since.
Faye Malench

Re: Gradient photo backdrops

Post by Faye Malench »

So you are suggesting I take the best photo possible and then just PS in the gradient background? Actually gradients are the one thing I think I can do in PS from just playing around with it but nothing I try to layer looks realistic. Trying to lasso and move things doesn't work for me. Plus I think you lose the dimension and shadowing. My plan is to have the background as part of the photo and tweak in PS as needed. Truth is, I just need to get better at photos or pass it on to a pro.