NGR time again...

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Doug Randall

Post by Doug Randall »

Good going Sean. Saw your show a couple months ago when I dropped off work at the gallery. Nice presentation. Have you sent Susan some work at the new gallery in Tacoma? I'll be up there maybe next week to check it out.
Brock

Post by Brock »

. . .Oh and the park in Seattle on a military base is called Discovery Park, I think.

Thanks Sean. I saw that piece at Vetri, the 6 amber panels, cruising the galleries before the auction. So did Avery and Doug and Steve and Dick and Jackie Amy, and and more. Nice piece. You got good exposure, right up by the front window. Hey, you're at Alfred? Please say Hi to Fred Tschida and tell him I'm going to try to visit him at Pilchuck. Thanks, Brock
Rebecca M.

Post by Rebecca M. »

Brock, is this the one? The Sound Garden near a park that starts with an M? I only remember because the band Sound Garden got the name from this sculpture. Big Chris Cornell fan. :) To find the real name of the park go to a Seattle tourist site and it should show up. I was just there, but am having a brain meltdown.

Brock

Post by Brock »

Yeah, that's it. I was there on a blustery, rainy, cold day, Duh, it's Seattle, and the whole assemblage was wailing. It was fantastic. Brock
Brock

Post by Brock »

Are you serious? The first session, when they built it? With Toots Zynsky?

Congratulations. Brock
Paul Housberg

Post by Paul Housberg »

Brock wrote:
And, he's the only person to have been at Woodstock, and the first session of Pilchuck.

Shazam!!
Umm...I, too, was at Woodstock and the first session of Pilchuck. (What do I win?)
Paul Housberg
Glass Project, Inc.
Art Glass Feature Walls
http://www.glassproject.com
http://www.facebook.com/housberg
Brock

Post by Brock »

Paul Housberg wrote:
Brock wrote:
And, he's the only person to have been at Woodstock, and the first session of Pilchuck.

Shazam!!
Umm...I, too, was at Woodstock and the first session of Pilchuck. (What do I win?)
I hadn't really been considering any prizes, Paul. Tell me what you built to live in, and where it was, and I'll send you a fridge magnet. Ooh! Brock
PDXBarbara

Post by PDXBarbara »

Brock wrote: . And, he's the only person to have been at Woodstock, and the first session of Pilchuck.

Shazam!!
Wasn't that the answer to a trivia question once?
BB
Barbara Bader
Brock

Post by Brock »

PDXBarbara (Bader) wrote:
Brock wrote: . And, he's the only person to have been at Woodstock, and the first session of Pilchuck.

Shazam!!
Wasn't that the answer to a trivia question once?
BB[/quote

Once! Brock
Dick Ditore

Post by Dick Ditore »

Got my first refusal yesterday! I guess I will start a file of them. Just had to submit for the heck of it. Congratulations Sean!

Dick
Bert Weiss

Post by Bert Weiss »

Brock wrote:
Paul Housberg wrote:
Brock wrote:

Shazam!!
I hadn't really been considering any prizes, Paul. Tell me what you built to live in, and where it was, and I'll send you a fridge magnet. Ooh! Brock
\

Brock

Look at what happened the last time you offered prizes...

I made it to Woodstock which was a prize in itself. Yeah I got rained on and slept in a volkswagen beetle... good though
Bert

Bert Weiss Art Glass*
http://www.customartglass.com
Furniture Lighting Sculpture Tableware
Architectural Commissions
jerry flanary

Post by jerry flanary »

Finally got a response but it wasn't what I wanted to hear... In case anyone was curious.
j.

A lack of doubt doesn't lend certainty.
Dani

Post by Dani »

You are now part of the "in" crowd, Jerry. Sheesh. I suspect the only way fused glass will get serious respect from these "experts" is a continued flood of work to view every year until they just can't ignore us. And I really think some group should do a free-form assemblage at the next warmglass conference.... maybe from pieces made in workshops..... then submit it under a fictitious name. Maybe that would be accepted. :twisted:
Pat Watkins

Post by Pat Watkins »

I'm probably reversing the whole context on this page but Brock...Buster Simpson's work is magnificant. How wonderful to blend man made materials with landscape and remain conservationally correct. Whoa...

Not that conservationally is a word. I guess like the tum tablets into the contaminated water is how it reached your satirical intelligent twist ...
Pat
Brock

Post by Brock »

Pat Watkins wrote:I'm probably reversing the whole context on this page but Brock...Buster Simpson's work is magnificant. How wonderful to blend man made materials with landscape and remain conservationally correct. Whoa...

Not that conservationally is a word. I guess like the tum tablets into the contaminated water is how it reached your satirical intelligent twist ...
I do like that one, ant-acid tablets for acid lakes and rivers. it's perfect.