Wholesale,Rosen

The forum for discussion on business aspects of working with glass.

Moderator: Brad Walker

ernest porcelli

Wholesale,Rosen

Post by ernest porcelli »

any advise from those who have done the Rosen show in philly? What can a poor boy expect ? How much stuff do i put out? It's my first time there. Thanks to all who respond. ep
-EP
R Jarvis

Post by R Jarvis »

It can change your life" was the words I first heard about doing the show and they were right. It is an amazing experience and will change how you do business. The last few shows have been impacted by the economy and some weird weather, however even so the shows have been good for me.

Bring what you want to sell, most orders will be for duplicates of what you have on display.

Rosen has a mentor program to help with first timers, or if you want call me and I'll try to answer any questions I can, but first and foremost after your work....think lighting.

Rick Jarvis
http://www.youcankissmyglass.com
RobinE

Post by RobinE »

Hi Ernest:

What Rick said (hi Rick! and say hi to Allison for me).

And, plan to go to the New Exhibitor Orientation and as many of the other seminars as you can. I learned to sketch out my booth display, lighting plan and artwork layout before we get to the show, so we have a starting point.

Robin E
Robin Evans
Robin Evans Studio
Colorado, USA
http://www.robinevansstudio.com
Dani

Post by Dani »

I only went once and decided it wasn't exactly my cup of tea, but if I had it to do over again, I would have had three times as much merchandise. The memory that sticks with me is the booth by the lady's room back by the dock. She was a newcomer, too. She had black plastic shelves with black fabric backs that were a great foil to her colorful painted pottery. Each design had its own shelving unit with lots of pieces that really popped. The floor was that jigsaw rubber mat in black. She'd put the most money into great lighting that really enhanced her product. A big bouquet of flowers and voila! It worked, she was one of the few folks around me regularly writing orders. She had folks lined up. You have such a nice cohesive body of work, Earnest, that you should be able to use the same approach to wow folks. Really light that work up and let it pop against a black background. That said, if I went to the Rosen show again, one big draw would be the Reading Terminal Market across the street. And I'd take a tip from my exhibit neighbor and rent a nearby B&B efficiency so I could cook food from the market every night! Oh, and I'd probably go as a buyer instead of a seller. Some drool-y work to be seen there, that's for sure. :wink: Good luck, sell lots! Your work is just right for this show, not to mention that getting into the February show isn't a piece of cake. If it's your first try, double kudos. Did you have to sign a contract for the summer show, too? I'm just curious.