Nigeria Order

The forum for discussion on business aspects of working with glass.

Moderator: Brad Walker

gone

Post by gone »

Oh, Come on you guys! Give the Nigerians a break. They're trying to improve. I read a while back that government officials now issue receipts for bribes.
Dennis Brady

Post by Dennis Brady »

Maybe that's an idea the US Government should adopt. It wouldn't be possible for Bush and Cheney to sign that many receipts that fast, but if nothing else it would give them something constructive to occupy their time.
DeBrady Glass Ltd http://www.debrady.com
Victorian Art Glass http://www.vicartglass.com
Glass Campus online classes http://www.glasscampus.com
Colin & Helen

Post by Colin & Helen »

Dennis Brady wrote:Here's another scam - but from China not Nigeria.

Email offered to sell me art glass at appealling low prices. They sent an impressive collection of photos of their glass that looks almost exactly like a mix of Bullseye, Uroborus and Youghieghenny - but at about 20% of the cost. They propose sending me a 300 pieces sample set and only ask for my credit card no. to pay the $75. freight for that sample set.
Dennis ..and that's only part of the scam.. they also advertise for agents world wide...I did hear of one company that set up a web site telling everyone about the great range of glass they will soon be importing form china...then .....they found out the hard way after parting with cash ..how easily they had been taken with this con
watershed

Post by watershed »

If I may concisualize.

Any order from unknown source:
At least half down in verified funds.
If you think it's dicey, 75% down.
No Money, no Shippie.

If the client cannot handle that, they aren't worth dealing with.

Greg
David Williams

Post by David Williams »

Dennis ..and that's only part of the scam.. they also advertise for agents world wide...I did hear of one company that set up a web site telling everyone about the great range of glass they will soon be importing form china...then .....they found out the hard way after parting with cash ..how easily they had been taken with this con[/quote]

The China thing is not neccesarily a scam. China has of course a burgeoning glass industry and are making inroads into nearly every supplier niche. If they offered to send me free samples I'd sure take them up on it. The thing is you'll never get your customers to stop buying cheap Chinese finished glass. So you might as well give yourself an advantage by going offshore for supplies and raw materials. If you can't beat em join em.
Mark Kemp

Post by Mark Kemp »

I'm pleased to announce that I am again in favor with the Nigerians, who would be happy to exchange a credit card number for some of my work. I had been feeling so neglected.
Find peace in your heart.

www.azurefire.etsy.com
Marty

Post by Marty »

Mark- I still wouldn't do it- they could wait until the merchandise arrives and then institute a charge-back. Ask the credit card company what your options are. Marty