new web site- engraver starts fusing

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

peter cummings

Post by peter cummings »

After engraving for years I've wandered into fusing. It sure means a lot of new work to learn but its opening up a whole new world for me and engraving. The book and boards have been great for a learner and very encouraging. Many thanks to all involved. Please take a look and comment. peter cummings.
http://www.petercummings.com.au
Diane

Post by Diane »

Beautiful work, I wanna see more.... =D>
Siw

Lovely!

Post by Siw »

What a beautiful technique!!!
And the bases, never seen this type before, they really suited the fragile, delicate look of the platters! Made the stands yourself? Is it glass or acrylic? How are they attached?

Your site is easy to navigate and easy to look at,- add some more work maybe?

Keep up the good work

Siw in Norway
peter cummings

Post by peter cummings »

thanks Dianne and Siw. I dont have a lot of pieces at this stage, just newly sorted out the methods. Will put more pictures on site as they come along. The discs are 10 inch round , ovals 12 inch high, the two men are 15 inch high and 14 inch wide at bottom but slightly curved so that they stand. The disc stands are 3 x 12 inch float slumped so that they stand on side in a semi circle- 8" wide and 4" deep. A groove 1/2 inch deep and 1' back from front is cut for the disc to sit in.They can fit a light pad under.(like a computer mouse with a small light pointing upward) but they look good in front of a window. peter cummings.
rosanna gusler

Post by rosanna gusler »

WOW! that magnolia is just amazing. it is all great, but that magnolia............rosanna
Karen Laing

Post by Karen Laing »

Your work is just outstanding!!! I too love the magnolia! kl
Karen Laing aka arcticlass
Susan Moore

Post by Susan Moore »

Peter,

Very beautiful work - magnolia and lilium are my faves - I would like to see them up close. I bet they look great in front of a window with the slight changes in lighting throughout the day the colors would be constantly changing. I like simple, easy navigating web sites so yours suits me fine. The only thing that I would change is the gallery on the home page - you're giving the viewer all your work at once - maybe just a few pics here and they lead to the gallery.....just my personal preference. Thanks for sharing your work.

Susan
Kim Bellis

Post by Kim Bellis »

Beautiful!! Amazing!!
Kim
Mira

Post by Mira »

Awesome work!! The artwork itself is beautiful and your glass stands are clever.
Judy Schnabel

Post by Judy Schnabel »

Love your work. I also love the stands. Can't believe you made them yourself.

Let us know when you add more pictures.

Judy