Adjustable height tables from Sam's Club

The forum for discussion on business aspects of working with glass.

Moderator: Brad Walker

Geri Comstock

Adjustable height tables from Sam's Club

Post by Geri Comstock »

Does anyone here use the adjustable height tables that you can get from Sam's Club? The closest store to me is in Texas apparently, so I can't go take a look at them in person.

If you have any experience with them, I'd love to know tell if they're sturdy..like if a customer bumps into one of them, does it jiggle all over the place? I'm asking because, although I love my Dynamic Display jewelry case/stand, but it seems like at every show I do, a customer thinks it's really big and heavy because of the way it looks and accidentally gives it enough of a push to move it or really jiggle it, surprising both them and me and sometimes causing the jewelry to topple off risers.

On the Sam's Club website it doesn't give the dimensions for the 4' long table except to say that's it's 4' long. How wide is it? It looks to be about 1.5 - 2'. What heights can it be adjusted to?

Thanks for any info!

Geri
stargazer

Post by stargazer »

I have a couple of these tables from Sams that are adjustable 4" long and approximately 20" wide (they are in storage somewhere). They are heavier than most folding tables but they can still be shaky. If they are in their lower adjustments on concrete floors they are pretty stable. But they are pretty rocky on uneven floors or in their higher adjustments. Hope this helps. Sheryl
Queenbee

Post by Queenbee »

Why don't you look for some table that the legs attach by screwing in the top? Some of them have leveling legs where one leg can be a little longer than others to adjust for uneven surface. I used to have one. I think it was from Storehouse. It was Melamine and good looking. Ginny
Alecia Helton

Post by Alecia Helton »

I use bed risers from Bed, Bath & Beyond to add about 14" to the height of my tables. They are very stable. The only difficulty is once you set them up, moving the table and keeping the legs in the risers can be difficult. They cost $14.95 for a set of four.

I have recently seen a ad for a company that is selling something very similar in multiple heights specifically for crafters. I think it was in Crafts Report, but I'm not 100% certain of that.

Alecia
Alecia Helton
Wear Original Wonders!
Carrollton TX
kelly alge

Post by kelly alge »

I have these tables and I love them- I sandbag the bottoms when I do outdoor shows to make them more stable in the highest postition- there is a bar that connects the lower part of the legs front to back- sandbag fits right over that. They are extremely light to carry but still sturdy.
kelly alge

"An ordinary life is a crime" -eric schmider
Geri Comstock

Post by Geri Comstock »

Thanks for the input! I ordered them yesterday.

Geri
Jeri D

Post by Jeri D »

a late reply, butthis is what I use for easy travel and outdoors. I am just a wee one so weight is important to me!!
I use the plastice folding sawhorses and a hollow door(very light) because I cloth the table anyway. Very light and compacts easily. My husband, bless him, built my folding fir displays which take three shelves, and those shelves are painted hollow doors as well.
Jeri
I'm going to be nice tohim so he will build me pedestals that can multi task as storage units as well
Jeri
Geri Comstock

Post by Geri Comstock »

I got the tables earlier this week and they are great! At their highest setting they're 36" which for me is just right for jewelry.

Thanks for the input!

Geri