Still Playing with Copper

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Judy Schnabel

Post by Judy Schnabel »

Kathy,

When I tried the Pearl Ex on just plain old float, I mixed the paints with a few drops of alcohol & fuser's glue and sort of painted it on the glass with a sponge brush.

When I used the Pearl Ex with the copper I waited until the copper had dried. I sprayed that first with the Borax solution. Then I placed some of the Pearl Ex in one of my little sifters and sprinkled it on that way.

Is this clear as mud?

Judy
Kathie Karancz

Post by Kathie Karancz »

OK: :oops: ](*,)
Alcohol (just plain old rubbing???)
Painted on the top piece of glass with nothing between the 2 pieces of glass??
Do you get any different results with any of the different colours (between or on top) or do they pretty well all fire the same way??
Have you tried brass sheets yet??? One of our local stores sent me an advertisement for thin brass sheets. Thought I might buy some of that and give it a go.
By the way: are you ordering your stands from a supplier??
Thanks for all your help.
Kathie Karancz
Tribal Turtle
Victoria, British Columbia
http://www.tribalturtle.com
Judy Schnabel

Post by Judy Schnabel »

Kathie,

Yes, just plain old rubbing alcohol (just a few drops).

I've never fired it on top of glass -- only between two layers. There's a bowl on my picturetrail site where I played with the Pearl Ex. I think I did four different colors on it just to see the different affects.

I get my stands from a local fabricator. Dick Ditore (sp?) on our board does some nice stands and his prices are reasonable. But I can drive 10 minutes and pick mine up.

I've never tried brass. But what the hey. Give it a try on a small scale.

Judy
Kathie Karancz

Post by Kathie Karancz »

Thanks Judy:
I saw the bowl and I really like it. Now I just need luck and time.
Kathie Karancz
Tribal Turtle
Victoria, British Columbia
http://www.tribalturtle.com