Frit paintings

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

jj jacobs

Frit paintings

Post by jj jacobs »

Here are some frit paintings I've recently completed. Would love to hear your comments and suggestions for displaying them. The smallest one is 3" x 5" and the largest is 9" x 12". This is my first attempt at posting a picture--hope it works!

http://community.webshots.com/album/120268804jsEudJ
PDXBarbara

Post by PDXBarbara »

Hi JJ... Photo didn't work... Paul Tarlow's real good at helping out with your first posts... can't wait to see your frit painting.
Barbara
Barbara Bader
Paul Tarlow

Post by Paul Tarlow »

PDXBarbara (Bader) wrote:Hi JJ... Photo didn't work... Paul Tarlow's real good at helping out with your first posts... can't wait to see your frit painting.
Barbara
Webshots doesn't allow pictures hosted on their site to come up in pages on other sites.

I changed your URL to be a link instead of an embedded image - now people should be able to click the link and see the picture in another image.

Nice work. "City Lights" is wonderful.

- Paul
jj jacobs

Post by jj jacobs »

Thank you, Paul -- you are my hero! After I posted the pictures and saw that they didn't load, I went back to the archives and saw that Webshots won't allow sharing of pictures! I'll find a site that does so that I can do it right next time. Appreciate the rescue :lol:
PDXBarbara

Post by PDXBarbara »

Real nice, JJ.... Favorite is Reflections. Second favorite is Bob. What size are they? Reflections is a subtle standout.
Thanks, JJ, for showing these.
BB
Barbara Bader
Amy on Salt Spring

Post by Amy on Salt Spring »

The two cityscapes are the best IMO--very moody and watercolory. Thanks for sharing!
-Amy
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

Amy on Salt Spring wrote:The two cityscapes are the best IMO--very moody and watercolory. Thanks for sharing!
-Amy
Yup - those were my favorites too. Nice job. Good colors.
jj jacobs

Post by jj jacobs »

Thanks, Barbara -- the subtle colors in "Reflections" is the result of blending several Bullseye and Uroboros neutrals....I was trying to get a natural look that captured the shadings vs. a stark color variance.

Both "Reflections" and "Bob" are 7" x 9" and about 1/2" thick.

JJ
PDXBarbara

Post by PDXBarbara »

JJ Jacobs wrote:Thanks, Barbara -- the subtle colors in "Reflections" is the result of blending several Bullseye and Uroboros neutrals....I was trying to get a natural look that captured the shadings vs. a stark color variance.

Both "Reflections" and "Bob" are 7" x 9" and about 1/2" thick.

JJ
Kudos, JJ... you succeeded... it's gorgeous.
BB
Barbara Bader
peter cummings

frit paintings

Post by peter cummings »

hi JJ,
great to see, they have the feel of an impressionist painting. the city scapes and reflections as subjects fit the materials perfectly. I hope to see more as they come along.
the usual steel and or wood stands wont do justice to them.a piece of natural slate with a groove cut into it , but I think clear glass slumped, fused, glued cut or whatever is the go.it took me lots of experiments,vodka and head banging to do simple curved stands for my discs but it now works.
peter cummings.
twinkler2

Post by twinkler2 »

Hi jj

I really like City Lights and Reflections - great use of frits
can't wait to see more- :)

Keep the pictures coming !

Me Kim