nichrome wire in uk

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

sylvie

nichrome wire in uk

Post by sylvie »

i hear a lot of people talk about fusing nichrome wire into glass but i cant find a uk wire/metal dealer that even knows what it is let alone stocks it. i was wondering if it goes by another name over here? any ideas you guys?
thanks
sylvie
Carolyn

Post by Carolyn »

nichrome wire is used in ceramic kilns and can be bought from Bath Potters or alternatively Creative Glass is Rochester. Carolyn
Geri Comstock

Post by Geri Comstock »

Here in ths US, this is sometimes also called "high temperature" wire. Maybe that term will help them figure out what you're looking for.

Good luck!

Geri
sylvie

nichrome wire in uk

Post by sylvie »

thanks geri and carolyn, i did try creative glass, she had never heard of it. i'll try bath potters (and calling it high temp wire) and post for others if i find it.
sylvie
PaulS

Re: nichrome wire in uk

Post by PaulS »

sylvie wrote:i hear a lot of people talk about fusing nichrome wire into glass but i cant find a uk wire/metal dealer that even knows what it is let alone stocks it. i was wondering if it goes by another name over here? any ideas you guys?
thanks
sylvie
buy it by the roll of 5 metres at

http://www.potterycrafts.co.uk
It ain't where you're from, it's where you're at!