Sanblasting with Photo's

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Tyler Frisby

Sanblasting with Photo's

Post by Tyler Frisby »

Umm I havent tried sandblasting yet but am at a school in Washington, where they have a Sandblaster, yay (i dont have one).

I have read about a certain xerografy or something that can transfer a Picture negative to a multi level sandblast resisit to get an image, or was I just fantasizing hoping there's such a thing ?

Any info on Photo resisting that I can share with my teachers and mates, they would be soo interested as I am ! :)

Thanks !
Bert any Ideas
Phil Hoppes

Post by Phil Hoppes »

I'm sure he will probaby post on this but search the archives for posts by Tony Smith. He's the zen master of sandblasting and has done some very cool work sandblasting photo's on to glass.

If you go to Tony's web side here you will see some pictures he's done.

http://www.amsmith.com/sandblasting/backlithalftone.jpg

Pretty slick huh!!!!!

Phil
lohman

Post by lohman »

Look at http://www.photobrasive.com

They make a photo process sandblast stencil
Tyler Frisby

Post by Tyler Frisby »

:?
Thanks,

It looks great. Now I just have to figure out how to do it.
lohman

Post by lohman »

Do you know about half-tones, line counts, positive and negative films? Do you know any darkroom terminology and procedures? You need to render your image as a film if you want to use the photosensitive films used in producing photographic images by sandblasting (or screen printing and other graphic arts printing).
It sounds from your reply that the photo image in sandblasting is very mystereous to you. It's not really if you know the darkroom and printing techniques.

I don't mean to take anything away from the responces so far, and Tony's example posted is very good, just want to help you understand that you can do this too.