New Source for Dial-pay program

The forum for discussion on business aspects of working with glass.

Moderator: Brad Walker

Barbara Silverberg

New Source for Dial-pay program

Post by Barbara Silverberg »

I am one of the many who got the letter from Merchant Services at NPC that a new $20 monthly fee would be charged if I did not meet the minimum. I cancelled with the NPC program and have decided to go with another company through Discover Business Services. (It's called Global) A little more costly per transaction, but I will be doing basically the same as before:

No monthly fee
$10 if there is a customer dispute
Dial in transaction as before
can use the "knuckle buster" terminal

For Visa/Mastercard: 3.7 % + .18 per transaction

If anyone is interested, you can call:
Debby 800-347-7996 ext. 7562
feel free to tell her that Barbara Silverberg gave you the info
Susan Moore

Post by Susan Moore »

Barbara,

Thanks for the info! You just saved me time and money. I love it when people do that!

Susan
JJ

Post by JJ »

Thanks Barbara!!!
JJ in NC
Barbara Silverberg

You are welcome. I've been receiver of so much great info from this board that I'm glad I finally had something to give. :D
Monica

NPC, part 2

Post by Monica »

I also called, same problem with new fees. You can also be listed as a "seasonal merchant". If you only do a few shows each year, and you know what months they occur in, you can request to be activated for those months only. You will only be billed the monthly minimum when your service is active.

If you use the service on a month that you didn't designate, the charge will go through, but the monthly minimum will apply for that month.
Stuart Clayman

Post by Stuart Clayman »

That info sounds great, but here are a few questions...
1) you take charges at a show with the nuckle buster and then go home and ........ enter it into a computer or call it in?
2) I presume that you do not get an approval. I have heard a friend of mine that did a show in NY got a bad card. I assume that that is not normal that most times charges at a show are good.. correct?
3) I also assume that you would loose your larger sales if you did not take charges... do you take Visa, MC, Discover, and AmEx?

Thanks....
Kiln Repair by a Clayman kilnrepair@yahoo.com
Glassworks by a Clayman
http://www.GlassArtists.org/GlassworksByAClayman
Barbara Silverberg

1. I call in my sales at home the evening of the show. You can do it by cell phone at the show if you wish.

2. So far I have not gotten a bad card.

3. My sales increased 35-40% with credit card. I also write up every sale on an itemized sales slip (even with credit card)

That's why I'm willing to pay those fees. I also can use it when I teach PMC classes to students who might want to purchase additional PMC from me. Barbara S.
PaulS

Post by PaulS »

Artybarbie wrote:You are welcome. I've been receiver of so much great info from this board that I'm glad I finally had something to give. :D
Me too Barbara -ain't it great when you can give it back. :)
It ain't where you're from, it's where you're at!