Calendar's Here!!

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Chip

Post by Chip »

Jackie Beckman wrote:I think Bert's is just fabulous! I e-mailed him and told him it was my favorite - bowls down. (er, um, oops - hands down, I mean, hands down!)

And Barbara in her kiln - another great shot.

Good job Chip, and I'm so glad you included one of yourself on the back.
Thanks Jackie, I begrudgingly sent in my picture with my "Buddy" (He had the name before Bill Clinton's dog). The printer put it on! LOL
Chip
Micah 6.8
Chip

Post by Chip »

[quote="dee
bloody po here will take just as bloody long as they can - NOTHING moves quickly here in the south :( i STILL do not have mine! ;P and i wouldn't put it past them to loose it altogether [pout pout]
D[/quote]

Dee, I mailed yours yesterday. I just checked and it went out in the morning. Probably tomorrow.
Chip
Micah 6.8
dee

Post by dee »

Chip wrote:[quote="dee
bloody po here will take just as bloody long as they can - NOTHING moves quickly here in the south :( i STILL do not have mine! ;P and i wouldn't put it past them to loose it altogether [pout pout]
D
Dee, I mailed yours yesterday. I just checked and it went out in the morning. Probably tomorrow.[/quote]

ok, since it hasn't been since last fri it's not lost yet ;P hehehe i'll let you know when it shows - all these msgs have REALLY got me wanting to see ALL THOSE PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)) thanks for the hard work chip ;)
D
Dee Janssen
Unicorn's Creations Studio
http://ucjewelry.com
dee@ucjewelry.com
ellen abbott

Post by ellen abbott »

WAH!

no calendar yet.

e
Dani

Post by Dani »

The question is.... where is our Fearless Leader? Terribly shy? Or exceedingly wise?? :lol:
Brad Walker
Site Admin

Post by Brad Walker »

Dani wrote:The question is.... where is our Fearless Leader? Terribly shy? Or exceedingly wise?? :lol:
Exceedingly terrible, I'm afraid.
K Okahashi

Post by K Okahashi »

OMG!! This is great!! I just got my calendar and all those folks I once respected....well... I am seeing them in a whole new light!!

Chip, what a great job! I know it must've taken more work then I could imagine. Now my question is to Brad- any chance you are gonna have a glass nudists and safety session at the next Warmglass Weekend? I bet it would be standing room only. :oops: And here I was thinking we were all just a bunch of party folks given how much we enjoyed those wonderful Washington State wines at the last sink class! :-$
Lisa Allen

Post by Lisa Allen »

Another mail delivery and I am still without a calender.........

If mine got lost somehow, which would not surprise me, are there any left to cover mail losses?

Near gnashing of teeth and rending of garments, Lisa
Lisa Allen
http://www.lisa-allen.com
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
DonnaS

Post by DonnaS »

Lisa you're not alone. I prayed to the mighty calender goddess all morning but to no avail...The mailman came and went and left me nothing but junk mail (that would include anything other than my calender at this point) I'm ready to head down to the post office to see if they are all enjoying my calender for a few days before I get to have it.
It's really no fair that the other half of September gets HER'S before me when she lives further away :roll:
Were they sent out in alphabetical order by any chance?
A pouting Ms September
Demure Donna
Cold glass....warmed by the heart
Brad Walker
Site Admin

Post by Brad Walker »

Lisa Allen wrote:If mine got lost somehow, which would not surprise me, are there any left to cover mail losses?
No, we haven't held any back (still have a waiting list), but I'm pretty confident yours will reach you. It was mailed last week, so should be there soon.
Donna S wrote:Were they sent out in alphabetical order by any chance?
No, not alphabetical. The first batch was sent last week to everyone who had ordered and PAID by that time. Both you and Lisa were in that group. The second batch was send out early this week to late payers and to folks who ordered more than one (their first calendar was sent separately, additionals were sent in this batch, so if you ordered more than one look for two packages).

Chip is still sending out as payments come in from stragglers. Some people who pre-ordered have decided they don't want one, so that's how people on the waiting list are getting calendars. Chip's done all the mailing, as well as most of the production work.

And finally, I haven't gotten my calendar yet, either.
Amy on Salt Spring

Post by Amy on Salt Spring »

Brad Walker wrote:
Lisa Allen wrote:If mine got lost somehow, which would not surprise me, are there any left to cover mail losses?
No, we haven't held any back (still have a waiting list), but I'm pretty confident yours will reach you. It was mailed last week, so should be there soon.
Donna S wrote:Were they sent out in alphabetical order by any chance?
No, not alphabetical. The first batch was sent last week to everyone who had ordered and PAID by that time. Both you and Lisa were in that group. The second batch was send out early this week to late payers and to folks who ordered more than one (their first calendar was sent separately, additionals were sent in this batch, so if you ordered more than one look for two packages).

Chip is still sending out as payments come in from stragglers. Some people who pre-ordered have decided they don't want one, so that's how people on the waiting list are getting calendars. Chip's done all the mailing, as well as most of the production work.

And finally, I haven't gotten my calendar yet, either.
When did the prepaid non US ones go out? O:)
-A
Brock

Post by Brock »

When did the prepaid non US ones go out?
-A

Sounds like they went with the very first batch, if you had paid. I had,
and am also waiting. Welcome to the vagaries of Canada Post. It'll be interesting to see the gap between arrivals for you and me. Brock
Last edited by Brock on Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My memory is so good, I can't remember the last time I forgot something . . .
Pam Hrycyk

Post by Pam Hrycyk »

I can't believe I got my calendar today. Being in Canada I just figured I would have to wait longer but the fates smiled on me this month, in so many ways! The pictures look great. I still can't believe this was organized and arranged so quickly.

Thanks Chip - you did a fantastic job. The calendar looks amazing - I'm sure it was way more work than you signed up for. And Brad, can we say enough how much you are appreciated and while we know you were involved I've got to say, it would have been nice to see your picture in there as well.

Pam
Brad Walker
Site Admin

Post by Brad Walker »

Amy on Salt Spring wrote:When did the prepaid non US ones go out?
Canada in the first batch, other countries in the second. They were all sent Air Mail.

I can testify from experience with sending out my book that the Canadian post office is horrible, and the British Columbia mail service is the worst of all.
Brock

Post by Brock »

When he's right, he's right! Brock
My memory is so good, I can't remember the last time I forgot something . . .
Pam Hrycyk

Post by Pam Hrycyk »

Talk about timing the posts. Guess those Ontario postal workers are doing their job this month.

Pam
Brad Walker
Site Admin

Post by Brad Walker »

Pam Hrycyk wrote:And Brad, can we say enough how much you are appreciated and while we know you were involved I've got to say, it would have been nice to see your picture in there as well.
And just who do you think's on the right side of April 2005?

Actually, Chip did pretty much everything with the calendar except for the cover and for collecting payments. He wanted a photo of me for the cover, but I couldn't find a camera that could take the abuse.
Pam Hrycyk

Post by Pam Hrycyk »

Brad Walker wrote:
Pam Hrycyk wrote:And Brad, can we say enough how much you are appreciated and while we know you were involved I've got to say, it would have been nice to see your picture in there as well.
And just who do you think's on the right side of April 2005?

Actually, Chip did pretty much everything with the calendar except for the cover and for collecting payments. He wanted a photo of me for the cover, but I couldn't find a camera that could take the abuse.
Ha! Good costume Brad - Does Spab know you're impersonating him?
Amy on Salt Spring

Post by Amy on Salt Spring »

Brad Walker wrote:
Amy on Salt Spring wrote:When did the prepaid non US ones go out?
Canada in the first batch, other countries in the second. They were all sent Air Mail.

I can testify from experience with sending out my book that the Canadian post office is horrible, and the British Columbia mail service is the worst of all.
Perhaps less pot smoking on lunch hours out in Ontario Pam? :wink: I'll let you know when mine comes Brock. I'm guessing two days after yours...
Amy
Brad Walker
Site Admin

Post by Brad Walker »

[quote="Pam Hrycyk]Ha! Good costume Brad - Does Spab know you're impersonating him?[/quote]

He has Australia and New Zealand, but I have the North American rights.