New Work

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Doug Randall

New Work

Post by Doug Randall »

I've been busy this winter getting ready for shows in Seattle (Wm Traver July 2004 ) SOFA NY (June 3-6th) Foster-White gallery Kirkland Wa. (Group show Chihuly,Debra Moore, Benjamin Moore, Wm Morris, John DeWitt,Doug Randall...the token kilnformer) Heres a few images...more to add later. I hope this URL works!

http://community.webshots.com/user/smplanet
Alecia Helton

Post by Alecia Helton »

Doug,

The URL works. Your work is great. I love the colors and shapes. I am particularly intrigued by the textures. Some of your textures I have never seen before, especially mixed with smooth glass. Well done.

Leo's really cute.

Thanks for the look.

Alecia
Alecia Helton
Wear Original Wonders!
Carrollton TX
Brock

Post by Brock »

Very nice Doug! And congrats on that group show, good company. Brock
My memory is so good, I can't remember the last time I forgot something . . .
Bob

Post by Bob »

Hey Doug,

Great combinations of colour and texture. What a wonderfully coherent body of work! The show schedule is also extremely impressive. Congrats on all.

Cheers,

Bob
Amy on Salt Spring

Post by Amy on Salt Spring »

Fantastic work, all of it, but the pieces that are complete mosaics are so astoundingly beautiful.
Amy
P.S. Leo's stance in the last picture implies that there is possibly something stronger than water in the bottle...
Doug Randall

Post by Doug Randall »

Amy,
Leo has a tough job...and being around me doesnt make it any better. I probably could even drive my dog to drink! haha
Bert Weiss

Post by Bert Weiss »

Doug

Nice work! I love the texture and strong colors. I lean towards the organic shapes in the first piece.
Bert

Bert Weiss Art Glass*
http://www.customartglass.com
Furniture Lighting Sculpture Tableware
Architectural Commissions
Doug Randall

Post by Doug Randall »

Thanks Bert, Bob, Brock, Amy ....and everyone else for the kind words. The organic shapes originated from my "terra strata" series of years ago. I too like organic shapes, but took a different path for a while to build on the more popular geometric design. I feel its the right time to reintroduce the terra strata back into my work and let that take form for a while.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Absolutely beautiful pieces of work. Thanks for showing them. Truely inspirational!

Love Leo!
Image Ross
Pam Hrycyk

Post by Pam Hrycyk »

Great work Doug - You've been really busy! Any new work coming to Toronto?

Pam
Terry Ow-Wing

Post by Terry Ow-Wing »

Such texture with grace - :D Congrats on such wonderful work!

-Terry O.

Doug Randall wrote:Thanks Bert, Bob, Brock, Amy ....and everyone else for the kind words. The organic shapes originated from my "terra strata" series of years ago. I too like organic shapes, but took a different path for a while to build on the more popular geometric design. I feel its the right time to reintroduce the terra strata back into my work and let that take form for a while.
Terry Ow-Wing Designs
Kilnformed and Lampworked Glass Art
http://GlassArt.weebly.com
Barbara Muth

Post by Barbara Muth »

Doug, congratulations on a wonderful body of work AND on being selected to participate in such an awesome group show. The work is breathtaking. Wish I could see the show in person!

Barbara
Barbara
Check out the glass manufacturer's recommended firing schedules...
LATEST GLASS
Doug Randall

Post by Doug Randall »

Pam Hrycyk wrote:Great work Doug - You've been really busy! Any new work coming to Toronto?

Pam
Thanks Pammy....I dont know, I'll have to talk with Sandra and send some images that way I suppose. Maybe try to work a show there too.

Doug
PS ....yes, I know I owe you an email!
K Okahashi

Post by K Okahashi »

Wow, beautiful work! I've been exploring organic shapes with geometric designs and love what you have done to add another element of texture.
Very inspiring.
Pam Hrycyk

Post by Pam Hrycyk »

Doug Randall wrote:
Pam Hrycyk wrote:Great work Doug - You've been really busy! Any new work coming to Toronto?

Pam
Thanks Pammy....I dont know, I'll have to talk with Sandra and send some images that way I suppose. Maybe try to work a show there too.

Doug
PS ....yes, I know I owe you an email!
Oooh yes, I think you should do a show here. What fun that could be! I love visitors.

Pam
Doug Randall

Post by Doug Randall »

I'll be posting more images as I finish up the work. It's been a very prolific time, but unfortunatly, my intern goes back to Berlin in 3 weeks and the next one doesnt come till mid summer. So back to the long days of work. :( Waaah!
Phil Hoppes

Post by Phil Hoppes »

Beautiful work Doug. Very impressive!!

Phil
Amy on Salt Spring

Post by Amy on Salt Spring »

My third time looking at these today...its a rare thing to get such a body of work to digest at once. It may be my religious upbringing/seeing a lot of abstract stained glass or just my personal interpretation, but they feel very spiritual to me. Is that part of what you are saying or is it just me? I can't put my finger on why they make me feel that way, but they do. I do know that if I was rich, #8A would not make it to any gallery, it would be in my livingroom. Also #13--the outside blue seems mottled as if more light is coming through some places than others--is that true?
Amy
Paul Tarlow

Post by Paul Tarlow »

Really spectacular Doug.

It always facinates me to see an artist's work evolve -- and yet remain cohesive with previous work.

Thanks for sharing -- and by all means keep driving up the value of your work :wink:

- Paul
Ron Coleman

Post by Ron Coleman »

Looking GOOD Doug.

I see lots of textures, more fun with the coldworking machinery.

Congrats on the new work.