Tips for using rocker wall switch plate mold IMD1036

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

David Jenkins

Tips for using rocker wall switch plate mold IMD1036

Post by David Jenkins »

I was given an IMD1036 wall switch plate mold for Christmas. (Go here https://www.siscor.com/aspcart/imd/Open ... ProdNo=395 for a picture and blurb describing the mold.) Looks like it is pretty well made - will produce a concavity to allow for the protrusion of the switch itself, e.g.

But I'd like to get the benefit of others' experiences using this mold before starting to use it. Any tips, caveats, etc?

Thanks.
Dave Jenkins
Glass at Harbor Gates
Cypress, TX
RachelM

Re: Tips for using rocker wall switch plate mold IMD1036

Post by RachelM »

Looks like it would work. I would love to try it.

I just bought on of those holey molds that are similar for jewlery (concave) and it works fine.

But, even though the link takes me to exact page, BUT then I cannot get to the home page of the company to order it. (it says I need a password? Is this for sale to the general public?)

Can you provide anothe link for us?

Thanks and good luck with the mold. I am going to try it as well.

Rachel
imaglassydiva@aol.com
JestersBaubles

Post by JestersBaubles »

Kiln wash (or use Boron Nitride spray). Put rolled up Thin fire or fiber paper in holes, and fill with frit. Mound the frit towards the "middle" and away from all the edges to help prevent spiking.

Dana W.
JestersBaubles

Post by JestersBaubles »

RachelM wrote:Looks like it would work. I would love to try it.

I just bought on of those holey molds that are similar for jewlery (concave) and it works fine.

But, even though the link takes me to exact page, BUT then I cannot get to the home page of the company to order it. (it says I need a password? Is this for sale to the general public?)

Can you provide anothe link for us?

Thanks and good luck with the mold. I am going to try it as well.

Rachel
imaglassydiva@aol.com
Do a google search for "rocker wall switch plate fused glass mold" and you will find them all over the internet -- including slumpys, delphi, and blue fire.

Dana W.