wall scone

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Andrea R

wall scone

Post by Andrea R »

Im looking to make a very simple wall scone that will hold a candle. Having a really hard time finding the hardware. Any thoughts ideas....... on the holder and how to get it on the wall would be much appreciate!!!
"C'est Moi (Its Me)"
Bert Weiss

Re: wall scone

Post by Bert Weiss »

I hope the wall is made of brick, and the flame is nowhere near the glass...
Bert

Bert Weiss Art Glass*
http://www.customartglass.com
Furniture Lighting Sculpture Tableware
Architectural Commissions
Brock

Post by Brock »

Here's a couple from IKEA. BTW, there is absolutely no problem having a candle within a few inches of a sheetrock painted wall, I've done it for years.
Andrea R

Post by Andrea R »

Brock wrote:Here's a couple from IKEA. BTW, there is absolutely no problem having a candle within a few inches of a sheetrock painted wall, I've done it for years.
Thanks Brock!
"C'est Moi (Its Me)"
Marty

Post by Marty »

The scone needs to be very stale before it goes on the wall and I doubt you'll find any that will satisfy UL.
Kevin Midgley

Post by Kevin Midgley »

Who wants to use a real candle these days when there are battery operated LED substitutes available with no safety issue possible?
Real candles anywhere are just potential disasters waiting to happen.
For those that don't know, some of the LED units even have the look and smell of wax candles and are effective enough that you can be fooled into thinking there is a real flame.
Stephen Richard

Post by Stephen Richard »

Marty,
I too was thinking of the edible kind.
Steve Richard
You can view my Blog at: http://verrier-glass.blogspot.com/
seachange

Post by seachange »

Marty wrote:The scone needs to be very stale before it goes on the wall and I doubt you'll find any that will satisfy UL.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

cheers, seachange
seachange

Post by seachange »

Kevin Midgley wrote:Who wants to use a real candle these days when there are battery operated LED substitutes available with no safety issue possible?
Real candles anywhere are just potential disasters waiting to happen.
For those that don't know, some of the LED units even have the look and smell of wax candles and are effective enough that you can be fooled into thinking there is a real flame.
Agree with the led substitutes. We tested one, it came with a small lithium ion battery (like a small coin). The "candle" flickered a bit , on purpose, similar to a candle in a soft breeze.

It lasted for 9 1/2 days, 24 hours on per day.

Sorry can't supply source, it came with a small lantern and i am in Australia, but they must be easily available. Cost me 4 or 5 dollars complete with lantern.

Good luck with your project.

Best regards, seachange