Unfinished business.

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Haydo

Unfinished business.

Post by Haydo »

Bit more tweaking with colours and patterns/layout should keep me amused.
Bit more tweaking with colours and patterns/layout should keep me amused.

Currently in Nauru on my second stint wondering at times if I made the right decision. Last time I returned home with a cracked bone in my hand but am anxious to fly home only slightly hung over in three weeks and ready for pushing these along. Washing night tonight so a little bored and felt it couldn't hurt to show these. Poverty here hasn't inspired me yet, but the pinnacles and fossils have. peace, haydo
Life is like a raft, so be like a rat!...Challenging being a captain type rat though, going down with each ship and all!!
JestersBaubles

Re: Unfinished business.

Post by JestersBaubles »

Nice! My favorite is the 4th one -- grey without borders.

Dana W.
Drewcilla

Post by Drewcilla »

Thanks for sharing. I love looking at people's work. I especially like the color and pattern of the fourth piece. (Being somewhat geographically challenged I had to Google Nauru.)
twin vision glass

Post by twin vision glass »

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE these pieces. All of them. Am so excited to see where you take this new direction . Fabulous. Leslie
Give out Free Hugs!
Eryc F.

Post by Eryc F. »

Great pieces! My fav is the second. Almost looks like big fossils in a dark granite countertop.
Haydo

Post by Haydo »

Thank you all for positive feed back. I'm hoping that by working overseas will allow me the R&R time to enter into the RanAmok glass prize here in Oz. With other stuff I've been playing with. Sometimes the process gets lost with what's going on .Mackay is hard sell, which is good to push me to a higher level. I want to get on to the islands of the Whitsundays eventually with organic coral like formations, for sure. peace, haydo
Life is like a raft, so be like a rat!...Challenging being a captain type rat though, going down with each ship and all!!
Leonard Cichowski

Post by Leonard Cichowski »

Great work; absolutely stunning. These pieces really speak to me in a geological context! I think you are well on your way to capturing the essence of some of the fossil corals and limestones. Your 5th piece reminds me of Stramatolites (in cross-sectional view).....similar to those found in Shark Bay (Western Australia). The 4th piece could be compared to packed oolites (altough they are concentric)......but the form is there. Haven't been to Nauru, but have seen pictures of the pinnacles. Keep up with the experimentation......you seem to be on the right path.

Leonard Cichowski
Babette (Shawn)

Post by Babette (Shawn) »

I see larvae or cocoons. I like them all. The one on the far left looks thicker, is it? I like when glass gives the illusion of texture. You're on to something John!
“Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.”
― Pablo Picasso
Haydo

Post by Haydo »

Thanks Leonard and Shawn. The one on the left is thicker,as thick as width. I have ground these chunky type of pieces into cylinders before as gifts. Still waiting to see if it's worth the effort. Flat lap makes cold working a breeze and getting a piece to finished shape and polish is something I don't mind doing. peace, haydo