New technique Seaturtle

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

Chelseaglass

New technique Seaturtle

Post by Chelseaglass »

I have been in awe of Don and Ralpheals' glass painting images on Warm Glass for years and finally took a class combining painting with fusing.
Attachments
2rhino-warm.jpg
2rhino-warm.jpg (50.77 KiB) Viewed 8402 times
turtle2-warm.jpg
turtle2-warm.jpg (50.42 KiB) Viewed 8402 times
Judd

Re: New technique Seaturtle

Post by Judd »

That turtle looks sweet.
Pat Donaldson

Post by Pat Donaldson »

I can only imagine how much fun that process must be! Good job!

Pat
Pat@aslowfuse.com
Don Burt

Post by Don Burt »

Judd wrote:That turtle looks sweet.
Thats funny, I honestly said 'sweet!' to myself when I saw the turtle. The rhino design is inventive too. Looking forward to seeing more of your ideas!
Chelseaglass

Post by Chelseaglass »

Thank you Don. I know there will be a Kenneth Leap class in the future as I found using the paint more to my liking than the frit "paintings" I have made in the past, probably because I enjoy having the sunlight play through the pieces. Maybe it answers the question Jeremy Lepisto posed to us in a workshop: "Why glass for a particular project vs some other medium?"
Don Burt

Post by Don Burt »

Chelseaglass wrote:Thank you Don. I know there will be a Kenneth Leap class in the future as I found using the paint more to my liking than the frit "paintings" I have made in the past, probably because I enjoy having the sunlight play through the pieces. Maybe it answers the question Jeremy Lepisto posed to us in a workshop: "Why glass for a particular project vs some other medium?"
I'm attending a Ken Leap/Kathy Jordan class in October. Kathy has a lot of experience with replication, restoration and different painting media, like oils and glycol based media, and Ken is a walking encyclopedia and glass magician. Both of them have been very encouraging to me over the years in the American Glass Guild. Followed by a week of pumpkin carving when I get home. Its going to be hard to get back to the 9to5 after that.