New Colour Bar project

Want to share a photo of your work? Or get feedback on a new piece? Post it here. (Note: items in this forum are deleted periodically, generally after several months.)

Moderator: Brad Walker

orittlandau

Re: New Colour Bar project

Post by orittlandau »

Thank you dear Michele.
And this picture is for you Les:)
The courageous birds.
Attachments
עופות נודדים.jpg
oritt
Havi

Post by Havi »

Wow, I am so surprised and shocked

I innocently opened the board, need to transfer Centigrade to Fahrenheit and the reverse, Thought I'd check what's happening , and sadly found this pile of garbage, - - -

I guess I know exactly who that person is. Perhaps it is time to kick this misanthrope away from here. If it is he whom I think - it is not the first time he hurts you, and one can read him bullying others too.

But to allow him to overcome people here? ? ?

Do'nt know why he is so mean and nasty

But this is not YOUR problem, Les, HE is the one who is sick, not you - -

You should ALWAYS be here, share and teach us.

you enlighten so much - - -
Please do not punish us for his meanness, none of us deserves it

many hugs, and many thanks
Havi
Haviva Z
- - - - with a smile :)

"Speed comes from the Devil" - (an Arabic proverb)
http://www.havivaz.com
MarkNotMarc

Post by MarkNotMarc »

Les,

Thank you for reconsidering leaving the forum. Your work is inspiring and I along with so many others on this board really, really, really appreciate your contributions, knowledge and experience. Thanks for sharing your work and your process shots they are so educational (and beautiful).

I did not see the offending post and it's sad that such things happen in our little slice of the internet. I hope Brad banned the member along with deleting the post. Life is too short to deal with such nonsense. I know it's sometimes difficult but please ignore the trolls.

again, thank you for all you bring to this board!

Mark
twin vision glass

Post by twin vision glass »

Orit, that is an awesome picture of birds all hanging out together just like the warm glass world here. We are so lucky and fortunate that Brad has created this place where we can all come to share.. I am thrilled that alot of us out there still love to learn through visuals , and once again my heart is full of wonderful warmth and good spirit. So just thought for the fun of it again to post a few more pics of Panel number 2 so that you can see how the pulled canes will be incorporated into the work. I am so excited about this series that I put another very large colour bar in the kiln that will go with the Spotted Owl that I hope to also incorporate into this series. My twin sister Melanie is creating some amazing Spotted Owl flame worked beads to go with this as well, so I look forward to the positive journey this is taking me . So let us all enjoy our glass projects and enjoy sharing them . While my husband has been away for 4 months Heli Guiding, I have enjoyed sharing with you all , and feel such kind spirits holding us all together. Thanks to everyone for your kindness and lets all just enjoy the glass.
phpQU18klAM.jpg
Give out Free Hugs!
Pat Doyle

Post by Pat Doyle »

Wow thanks for coming back to share, Les, you work has inspired me for many years. Love love love the pattern bar results you are getting! And cyber or any other kind of bullying is just wrong..trolls are out there... We just can't feed them ...please keep mentoring. We are so very lucky to have you here!!!
Barb R

Post by Barb R »

I agree with all the others! I read every post that you write, and admire every photo you post. I have learned so much from you over the years. Please don't stop!

Barb
twin vision glass

Well here is a sign that perhaps good things are coming. I am so thankful to everyone who has enjoyed learning technique and photos as I do believe that is what this site is all about , and I think peoples words speak volumes soooo! yeah! the #1 panel of the "MOUNTAIN FLYWAY" is out and the second one ready to go in. I do think I need to have abit more colour next time so will try to control it better but the movement happened as I had hoped and the silver birds (and one gold bird ) is just what I wanted. I hope it gives the feeling of movement.
phpZRYtkmAM.jpg
phpBU0jyjAM.jpg
Give out Free Hugs!
Sue Hunchuk

Post by Sue Hunchuk »

You never cease to amaze me! Those mountains are delicious....! I am happy to see you still posting. I missed all the drama....and wish I could see it so I could direct the foul taste in my mouth to the right person. I hope you never have to be subject to abuse of any kind again! I pretty much learned everything I know about fusing from this site...but because of a certain individual I never felt confident to post any kind of pictures of my work...for fear of ridicule...or what ever "constructive" critique was offered. I have never posted my work anywhere...because of a certain individual.....because I never thought it would be good enough...and that person would have an "opinion" that would squash my joy. I was selected for a very prestigious travelling exhibition and won an award this year for a piece I did...but never shared because I feared I would receive a thrashing ...instead of congrats. If it is the person I am thinking it is...I hope he reads this and instead of being flippant, arrogant, and judgemental...he sees the hurt and effect he has had on people. I find it truly sad...because it is such a waste of ability, and knowledge...it could be so different. He is bitter for something we know nothing of... before any of us even thought of doing any kind of glass work....and maybe it is because he finally realized he couldn't keep up... So instead of encouraging us....for his ego he had to ????? Leslie, Your work is so unique...and innovative...keep it up. I see more use of reactive glass...and your exploration of that...And you have inspired me to explore it too....
Pipwren

Post by Pipwren »

Wow
Stunning and in my favourite colours. Excellent composition and balance. How do you make your clouds look so real??
twin vision glass

Well for many of us who do love technique and how to create things I thought I would still post on this thread as WHY NOT!!! :) I feel that it is important to not go away , but to actually keep sharing for those who have posted (and thank you for being so kind ) and would like to learn or see something that might stimulate an idea in their own studios. Pipren asked how to create skys, well moving frit around is always really fun and can make things move and look more like something that is not static. Here is panel #2 just going in (and is still not complete but will show abit of how the frit is placed) and the silver birds are not only placed in between two layers of glass on the top but also I have silver birds flying in the first two full layer clear panels underneath that will hold the glass while firing but also stablizes the piece while you move it from table to kiln. If I just used one layer all the glass would move and pop while it is moved over because it would bend under the weight. This is important the larger you go. While at a residency at Uroboros Glass Company, I have a 45 inch by 22 inch piece I had to move over to the kiln and you really do not want to work on something for a week and for all the glass to pop and move and no way to fix it. BUT as for sky, perhaps this photo will show well.
phpui0ZMbAM.jpg
Give out Free Hugs!
twin vision glass

Here is a new colour bar that will be incorporated into panel #3. I like the warmer colours that will give a feel of moving from winter to spring. The slices are just the starting point of trying to figure out how to use them. Mind you I have MANY ideas how to move forward.
php5M8WPHAM.jpg
php1W0xtVAM.jpg
phpvqlBI1AM.jpg
Give out Free Hugs!
Corlette M

Post by Corlette M »

Les, I am soooo glad that you decided to stay on the board. Whenever I see a post from you with a new project, my heart sings. I love to pore over your projects in awe of the amount of work and talent that goes into each. Thank you for taking the higher ground and continuing to share with all of us who do appreciate your posts. I missed whatever was said to you that was hurtful, but as I tell my kids when someone says something mean to them, perhaps the person is jealous of your awesomeness :)
twin vision glass

:oops: :D I am humbled by the kind words . It is hard to put ourselves out there for the glass world to see who we really are , and to try to share techniques and different ways to work. (which is what this site is supposed to be I do believe.) Some might like the work , and others will not , but I am a fine believer that if you do not want to look , just don't look . Easy as that perhaps, and let the ones who do enjoy a different glass journey to just enjoy it and perhaps learn abit. So I hope we are allowed to share and not feel fear of unnecessary mean spirit and unkindness. Constructive critiques is good and beneficial to us all, but anything more than that is just not a good thing. So I am so glad some like to see different work created. :) Leslie
Give out Free Hugs!
Kate Saunders

Post by Kate Saunders »

Les,
I am a consumate lurker and have rarely contributed, but that does not mean I haven't enjoyed, learned from, looked forward to, been educated by, etc., all your posts. Thank you. Please keep being part of this bulletin board.
Kate
twin vision glass

phpdGqdCqAM.jpg
phpXc95e0AM.jpg
Well one more that turned out and thought I would post as I am pleased with the results. Terrible pics but I don't have a nice camera, but perhaps better than nothing. The owl beads are really great tooo so now just waiting for the stands. Will look better in a stand for sure. So love to all out there in Warm Glass Land.
Give out Free Hugs!
Laurie Spray

Post by Laurie Spray »

Please do not let one sad angry pitiful jealous person spoil this for you. there are oh so many more that are inspired by you and you generosity. Hopefully Brad has banned that person from the entire board.
Laurie Spray

New website!! Http://bonnydoonfusedglasstools.com
Maker of stainless steel rings,pattern bar formers, pot melt pots, and Bottomless Molds
glass: http://lauriespray.blogspot.com
Sue Hunchuk

Post by Sue Hunchuk »

So a month has gone by, and you have been very quiet Leslie.....need an update! Hope all is okay with you!
Judd

Post by Judd »

I have always appreciated your pattern bars. Lovely color/ technique/ execution.

May I ask? How thick are your slices? They appear 1/2 inch, but I have nothing to gauge perspective and am not sure. Typically, I strive for 1/8th and thinner for my slices.
twin vision glass

:) Hello everyone ! I am finally back from a long journey and well, sorry for missing some of your posts. I have had 2 computers break down in the last month and well, I pray this one stays clear of bugs . Positive energy will hopefully help. I cannot seem to figure out though how to down size my photos as they are tooo large and the old way I used to do it on Shrinkpic.com (or what ever it was) is not helpful with this new computer. 8-[
But to answer how thick are the slices : it all depends on what I want to do with them. Most are under an eighth of an inch as I really want to make the bars last. 18 inchs long by 3 inchs wide by as thin as I can go.But will try to figure out how to post pics from this new machine soon I hope as I have a really nice Birds Nest from the MYSTERY OF MIGRATION show. All about the birds of our precious earth and how they beat all the odds to come back home to nest. Beautiful little feathered friends.
Give out Free Hugs!
twin vision glass

11453655b26d7a391399151398.jpg
Well perhaps this might work. Took hours of fiddling and cannot remember how I did it :oops: :P
Give out Free Hugs!