pot melt info wanted

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

carol nahoom

pot melt info wanted

Post by carol nahoom »

Where can I find a tutorial for making the pot melts? I checked the archive but cannot find a "how to".

thanks
carol
Last edited by carol nahoom on Sun Mar 21, 2004 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Randy W

Post by Randy W »

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.
AZ gram

Thank you, thank you....

Post by AZ gram »

It is soooooooo generous of you to share your technique. The photos and descriptions are clear and inspiring. Your magnet was one of my favorites.
carol nahoom

Post by carol nahoom »

Randy..........awesome!! Really...thank you!

Carol
Lauralei

Post by Lauralei »

Randy !
Thanks for the detailed 'how to" your magnet was one of the most amazing! Thanks so much for sharing! So you don't have to put kilnwash on the pot interiors at all huh?
Lauralei
froggee501

Post by froggee501 »

while I've never potmelted before, the impression I get is that no, you don't need to kiln wash the pot interior... after all, you are melting out of it, and what little is left behind isn't worth saving, and using kiln wash inside the pot may even contaminate your potmelt.
Lynn g

Post by Lynn g »

Randy, this is so cool! Thank you! I have been curious about what I've read on the board about pot melts (and the maglesses I received) but haven't had time to hunt through the archives. Now you have saved me all that time and effort with a beautifully clear explanation. You should write a book!

I'm serious...maybe something along the lines of "Fun Things to Do with Your Kiln Without a Major Investment in Complicated Equipment". ("Fusing for Dummies?") The new fusing books which are on the market are a good thing to have (Petra Kaiser's is my personal fave) but they all pretty much cover the same basics. It would be good to offer people some new and easy avenues to explore to get their creative juices flowing.
Lynn g
"Patriotism is not enough, I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone." - Dame Edith Cavell
Lynn g

Post by Lynn g »

Randy, this is so cool! Thank you! I have been curious about what I've read on the board about pot melts (and the maglesses I received) but haven't had time to hunt through the archives. Now you have saved me all that time and effort with a beautifully clear explanation. You should write a book!

I'm serious...maybe something along the lines of "Fun Things to Do with Your Kiln Without a Major Investment in Complicated Equipment". ("Fusing for Dummies?") The new fusing books which are on the market are a good thing to have (Petra Kaiser's is my personal fave) but they all pretty much cover the same basics. It would be good to offer people some new and easy avenues to explore to get their creative juices flowing.
Lynn g
"Patriotism is not enough, I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone." - Dame Edith Cavell
Barbara Silverberg

Post by Barbara Silverberg »

Wonderful presentation! The pieces are beautiful and the explanation very clear. Thanks so much for sharing!
Randy W

Post by Randy W »

You are all very welcome, and thanks for the compliments.
Please share a photo of some of your completed pot melts.

Randy
When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.