need a thin black line

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Andrea R

need a thin black line

Post by Andrea R »

Making an out line and need the line thin have Josephine glass black and Josehine outline black.
Will tack fuse and then cap and fire to full 1475 or around there do you think the Josephine will hold up or burn out?
I also have Paradise.
What will work best??
As aways thanks for the help dont know what I would do with out you guys :-)

Andrea
"C'est Moi (Its Me)"
Don Burt

Re: need a thin black line

Post by Don Burt »

The Josephine glass black has a low melting frit in it. It would dissipate the most of the three. I guess that either of the other two will do as well as anything else available. Rather than putting stock in my guess you could of course test them.
Andrea R

Post by Andrea R »

Don Burt wrote:The Josephine glass black has a low melting frit in it. It would dissipate the most of the three. I guess that either of the other two will do as well as anything else available. Rather than putting stock in my guess you could of course test them.
I new I should test them ...........but Easter is so close!!
Don I just love you!!You alwat get back fast and with great advice.
Thanks
a
"C'est Moi (Its Me)"
Kevin Midgley

Post by Kevin Midgley »

bent black stringer?
Valerie Adams

Post by Valerie Adams »

I love the new .5 mm stringers from Bullseye for thin lines.

I also use Reusche enamels with clove oil, and have fired the high-fire formulas to 1500°. My tests with Paradise Paints (I have several jars of the mixed paint) show they hold up to at least 1440°.
Andrea R

Post by Andrea R »

Valerie Adams wrote:I love the new .5 mm stringers from Bullseye for thin lines.

I also use Reusche enamels with clove oil, and have fired the high-fire formulas to 1500°. My tests with Paradise Paints (I have several jars of the mixed paint) show they hold up to at least 1440°.
I agree the BE thin stringers are great but I need enamel I also use clove oil I love the smell the houes has for days:) Just me.
I did a test and capped it was fine up to a full fuse so testing testing always pays!!
thanks A
"C'est Moi (Its Me)"