Pismo Gallery?

The forum for discussion on business aspects of working with glass.

Moderator: Brad Walker

Terry Gallentine

Pismo Gallery?

Post by Terry Gallentine »

Pismo Galleries recently discontinued their business. The galleries were the major glass galleries in the Denver area. Does anybody have any information as to whether the business has been sold or whether there will be some other gallery to fill the vacuum Pismo will leave? If they have closed for primarily financial reasons, it seems to bode ill for glass art in the marketplace. Any information regarding their closing or more importantly someone replacing them, would be appreciated.
Lynn Perry

Re: Pismo Gallery?

Post by Lynn Perry »

Hi Terry. I found this article about the closing. The owner is retiring at age 68 and after her best year ever. They are having the first ever sale if you have been waiting for that special Chihuly piece..... Actually, I think it looks like the gallery is done and their website is gone.

http://cherrycreeknorth.com/news/articl ... -to-retire
Lynn Perry
Terry Gallentine

Post by Terry Gallentine »

Thanks Lynn. I had read similar information about the closing. I just wish she had sold the gallery as a continuing business. It was on my list for work review submission. I would have liked the opportunity to have some work there.
Marty

Post by Marty »

Sandy tried to sell. No takers.
Yardic Glassworks

Post by Yardic Glassworks »

I read an article somewhere that indicated one of Pismo's employees was opening a new gallery, but I cannot find the article now....
Tim Yardic
Yardic Glassworks