No more Magless Exchange?

This is the forum for discussing Warm Glass community projects such as the Magnet Exchange, the Collaboration, and similar efforts.

Moderator: Tony Smith

rpastore

No more Magless Exchange?

Post by rpastore »

I could not find any information about a 2016 Magless Exchange or any information that it has been cancelled? Could someone fill me in on this?
KaCe

Re: No more Magless Exchange?

Post by KaCe »

I am also curious. I had said I'd coordinate it this year, that was before our daughter got engaged. Her wedding is Feb 13, 2016. I would still volunteer, but I'd be forced to make a Mid-March date... if there is any interest. So I wait to hear if my services are required.

KaCe
KaCe

Post by KaCe »

Have heard nothing from anyone. Is there no longer interest? Is it too early to ask? Tick tock- tick-tock... time marches ever onward. If those wanting to do this would replay by 15 January We can see IF there's interest.
KaCe

Post by KaCe »

Lack of response is deafening.

KaCe
Joyce Walters

Post by Joyce Walters »

Just to chime in, I would like to participate, but cannot help organize in any way.
Thank you for attempting to lead.
Joyce
KaCe

I will organize the Magless Exchange

Post by KaCe »

I rather like to think of myself as true to my word. To that end, I said I'd help with it a year ago, but wasn't really needed. It would appear that this year I might be needed. I wanted the group to know that I would honor my commitment. I personally don't care how large, or small, the group that wants to exchange becomes. One needs two to exchange anything... I see three of us. If you want me to help this year, I will. My daughter gets married in one month. I am very busy until that event is over. So I'm unsure how to proceed but below is an idea for Bert or whoever, to look over and let me know what I've overlooked.

Call for artists: January- Feb 15
Prep time to work on magless: February 15- April 1
Deadline to have maglesses shipped: April 5
Maglesses mailed back to participants: April 11 (my thought is you'll get something around April 15th that you'd enjoy rather than paying the taxman)

I believe that the procedures have updated annually to reflect the experiences of prior organizers:

1. No smaller than 1" x 1" nor larger than 2" x 2"
2. Sign the piece (so people know who made it)
3. Wrap the individual pieces, so they can be repacked with wrapping.
a. bubble pack or
b. small plastic bag with packing
c. label packing
4. Enclose a label to put back on your box to send the exchanged pieces back to you.
5. $25/ shipping/supplies if needed/etc.

Does this seem to be all there needs to be? I will make up a PDF with all of this once I know I haven't overlooked something.

KaCe Whitacre
KaCe

Post by KaCe »

I find the lack of participation in the topic telling. Will there be only three? Is anyone else interested? There's still time to sign up. Perhaps smaller is better.
KaCe
grammy

Post by grammy »

I've never participated in the Mag Exchange but would like to if you pull it together. I am a true novice when it comes to design but can have fun.
Valerie Adams

Post by Valerie Adams »

I think it's really sad to see this wonderful exchange bite the dust.

I'm afraid that FB has consumed many of the artists who used to post here regularly...
Andrea R

Post by Andrea R »

Valerie Adams wrote:I think it's really sad to see this wonderful exchange bite the dust.

I'm afraid that FB has consumed many of the artists who used to post here regularly...
What is FB ?
"C'est Moi (Its Me)"
KaCe

Post by KaCe »

Well, if those who posted here are interested, it looks like it could be a small but easily completed exchange. I gave it until Feb. 15, so will sit tight and see if anyone else weighs in on the topic. I don't mind if there are just a few of us... and I think the fee would reflect that. Less than a dozen we should be able to use the USPO one price box for shipping... more later.

KaCe
Fiona Collins

Post by Fiona Collins »

Andrea R wrote:
Valerie Adams wrote:I think it's really sad to see this wonderful exchange bite the dust.

What is FB ?
Facebook .... (crypt of misinformation and 2 minute experts)
Valerie Adams

Post by Valerie Adams »

Fiona Collins wrote:Facebook .... (crypt of misinformation and 2 minute experts)
Ha! If this were on FB, I'd hit 'like'!