Trying to find an article/post on irid

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

WackyPup

Trying to find an article/post on irid

Post by WackyPup »

Hi all!

Maybe I'm just getting old, (okay there is no maybe), however I recall seeing an article online somewhere a few years ago about putting two pieces of iridescent face to face and damming it or doing something to allow the resulting flow to create very interesting patterns. I know there is an article on this board about sandblasting two pieces to make a pattern, but that's not what I'm talking about. This was a technique that created very organic movement in the glass that was restrained by damming I think. If anyone knows what I'm talking about or maybe I dreamed it LOL anyway, a link or information would be greatly appreciated.

Liz
Drewcilla

Re: Trying to find an article/post on irid

Post by Drewcilla »

Your post reminded me of a tutorial Barry Kaiser on his web site has where you fire two pieces of of dichroic glass face to face (generally a no no) and get interesting movement and pattern of glass. I know that's not what you are remembering but I thought I'd mention it just it case it was.

Good luck.
Drewcilla
JestersBaubles

Re: Trying to find an article/post on irid

Post by JestersBaubles »

From Paul Tarlow, on fusedglass.org:

http://fusedglass.org/learn/project_tut ... rid_fusing

Dana W.