Diamond Blade

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

jim burchett

Diamond Blade

Post by jim burchett »

I have been sawing patternbars on my 10" wetsaw with a Husqvarna Diamond glass blade. Lately the bars 3\8x3\8. Are breaking quite a bit. Have water streams directed to the cut, there is not excessive vibration, blade is dressed frequently. Is it time for a new blade? How do you tell? The bars were well annealed 900 for 2 you then 25 per/hr to 800 75 to 700 then off.Thanks
"No, you cant scare Me, I'm sticking to the UNION. I'm stickin to the UNION till the day I die" Woody Guthrie
The Hobbyist

Re: Diamond Blade

Post by The Hobbyist »

Have you dressed the blade recently?

Jim
"With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil—that takes religion. " Steven Weinberg
Valerie Adams

Post by Valerie Adams »

Are you using a blade stabilizer? That made a big difference on my 10" saw.
jim burchett

Post by jim burchett »

dress it frequently with a stone from HIS, no stabilizers might try that..read somewhere you can use old 7" blades as stabilizers?
"No, you cant scare Me, I'm sticking to the UNION. I'm stickin to the UNION till the day I die" Woody Guthrie