Searching for 1101-38F?

This is the main board for discussing general techniques, tools, and processes for fusing, slumping, and related kiln-forming activities.

Moderators: Brad Walker, Tony Smith

Steve Immerman

Searching for 1101-38F?

Post by Steve Immerman »

I need to make a commission piece, and one of the components has to be clear gold irid BE 1101-38F and I can't find any at Ed Hoy (they don't carry it) nor at the BE Connection or BE Factory (they had two sheets when I asked, but by the time they went to pack the order they were gone...). I need to make an 18" circle, so I need at least a 20-22" square.

Anybody aware of a supplier that carries this color? I haven't found it in anyone's catalogues.

Lani- you need to make more of this...

Steve
Ron Coleman

Post by Ron Coleman »

Mark Hughes

1101-38F

Post by Mark Hughes »

They also list it at D & L in Boulder.
Mark Hughes
dee

Re: Searching for 1101-38F?

Post by dee »

Steve Immerman wrote:I need to make a commission piece, and one of the components has to be clear gold irid BE 1101-38F and I can't find any at Ed Hoy (they don't carry it) nor at the BE Connection or BE Factory (they had two sheets when I asked, but by the time they went to pack the order they were gone...). I need to make an 18" circle, so I need at least a 20-22" square.

Anybody aware of a supplier that carries this color? I haven't found it in anyone's catalogues.

Lani- you need to make more of this...

Steve
although i emailed steve with this info, for others who might need it - rainbow art glass in nj carries it also...
Dee Janssen
Unicorn's Creations Studio
http://ucjewelry.com
dee@ucjewelry.com
Steve Immerman

Post by Steve Immerman »

Thanks guys. I'll check out these leads.

Steve
Barbara Muth

Post by Barbara Muth »

Vitrum may have it too.
Barbara
Check out the glass manufacturer's recommended firing schedules...
LATEST GLASS
Patricia O'Neill

Post by Patricia O'Neill »

Hi Steve,

Sounds like there is a shortage of glass everywhere, right now. I am having difficulties to even get clear glass!!

Try also Pacific Art Glass in LA (pacificartglass.com)

If you do not find this glass anywhere, contact me directly. I have some of it in my private stash and might be able to help you, if you don't need too much of it.

Patricia
Steve Immerman

Thanks

Post by Steve Immerman »

C&R Loo says they have a couple of sheets and are sending them to me. Hopefully, they will arrive intact. Thanks all.

Steve