Bullseye catalog

The forum for discussion on business aspects of working with glass.

Moderator: Brad Walker

Amy on Salt Spring

Bullseye catalog

Post by Amy on Salt Spring »

I didn't know what category to put this in so I hope this is okay. I was emailing Joanna at Bullseye yesterday and she told me that the new Bullseye catalog should be mailed out in March. So if you aren't on the mailing list you might want to let them know you would like a copy if you want one. It will have their new prices too. I'm excited to see it for the artwork as much as the inventory.
Amy
Kathie Karancz

Post by Kathie Karancz »

Hey Amy: Thanks for letting me know. Now off I go to the Bullseye website.....
Kathie Karancz
Tribal Turtle
Victoria, British Columbia
http://www.tribalturtle.com
froggee501

Post by froggee501 »

Did the catalogs come yet? I'm not sure if I'm on their list or not...
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

They should be sending them out this coming week.
paulajane

Post by paulajane »

I received mine last week and it is beautiful with a lot of artwork and explanations in it.

Paula
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

paulajane wrote:I received mine last week and it is beautiful with a lot of artwork and explanations in it.

Paula
Oh, really? Anyone else get theirs yet? I was told they were sending them next week. I want one =P~ today.
Melissa Terman

Post by Melissa Terman »

I didn't get mine either, although they asked me three times to confirm my address.
Melissa Terman
Barbara Muth

Post by Barbara Muth »

Dying for mine too! I have actually been watching the mailbox!
Silly me.

Barbara
Barbara
Check out the glass manufacturer's recommended firing schedules...
LATEST GLASS
gone

Post by gone »

I saw it on Friday and it's gorgeous. Doug Randall has some nice irrid sushi sets and a beautiful prayer wall included.
Clifford Ross

Post by Clifford Ross »

Hi y'all- just where on Bullseye's site would we find the order catalog button? Thanks in advance, Cliff Ross :wink:
Mary Kay Nitchie

Post by Mary Kay Nitchie »

Clifford Ross wrote:Hi y'all- just where on Bullseye's site would we find the order catalog button? Thanks in advance, Cliff Ross :wink:
Hi Clifford and all--

The first big mailing of Catalog #2: Bullseye Glass for Art and Architecture is currently in the hands of the post office. After the dust settles, probably beginning in May, Bullseye Glass and the Bullseye Connection will invite people who did not receive one in the first mailing to be added to our mailing list.

Until then, sit tight--give the post office a couple more weeks to get the first mailing out--I hear that some people have received the catalog and some are still waiting.

Many thanks for your interest!

Mary Kay
Mary Kay Nitchie
Bullseye Glass Co.
http://www.bullseyeglass.com
Dani

Post by Dani »

Just got my catalog today and it's a beauty..... tell Lani it's better than ever. And is it my imagination or are there all kinds of new toys this time around? I only wish there were as many glass videos as there are jewelry videos available in my other fave catolog from Rio Grande.... but, that's not your fault. I'm glad to see there are at least two available for those who don't want to travel to a class. And very affordable, too.

And from my husband who rarely remarks on anything when he saw Steve Klein's piece, "Wow, that's stellar. I might think about taking a class with HIM." Now that's a compliment. Please pass it on. :wink:
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

Dani wrote:Just got my catalog today and it's a beauty..... tell Lani it's better than ever. And is it my imagination or are there all kinds of new toys this time around? I only wish there were as many glass videos as there are jewelry videos available in my other fave catolog from Rio Grande.... but, that's not your fault. I'm glad to see there are at least two available for those who don't want to travel to a class. And very affordable, too.

And from my husband who rarely remarks on anything when he saw Steve Klein's piece, "Wow, that's stellar. I might think about taking a class with HIM." Now that's a compliment. Please pass it on. :wink:
Besides Lani, Mary Kay, herself, will also be happy to hear your comments, Dani, as she and her group were integral in producing Catalog #2. She (they) worked very hard on it, and having received mine today, I can say with certainty that it was a job well done. They should be very proud at how beautifully their hard work paid off. What a nice job. My applause to Mary Kay (and group!) as well as Lani, on a super looking catalog. =D>
Jackie Beckman

Post by Jackie Beckman »

Oh, and YES! Steve's piece blew me away! Absolutely gorgeous Steve!! As always.

Jackie
Dani

Post by Dani »

Yes, thanks to everyone... didn't mean to exclude anyone in the kudos. This catalog is one of those publications that's more resource than sales vehicle by intent... and then, of course, sells product like crazy because the customer feels so well-treated. What a concept! BE always makes me feel pampered in any dealings I've ever had with them. Can you tell I'm a fan? :)
Lani McGregor

Post by Lani McGregor »

Dani,

First of all, I personally had VERY little to do with this edition of the Bullseye catalog; it's the product of an exceptional team led by Mary Kay.

What I most loved about this issue was seeing how the quality of the work in our community has sky-rocketed in the last couple of years. Seeing so many artists from this board featured in the catalog as examples of the best in our field: Steve K., Catharine N., Doug R., Jackie B., Brock C.; seeing what newcomers to kilnwork can do - like the architects from our group residencies; to realize the incredible advancements that can happen when a glassworking method moves into a larger forum and rises in public visibility --- all those things (but ESPECIALLY getting to watch others do all the work!) make Bullseye's newest catalog a real treat for me.

And thanks to everyone who emailed me off-line expressing their enthusiasm for it - Lani
Amy on Salt Spring

Post by Amy on Salt Spring »

I promise to love it when it finally makes its way to Canada... :cry:
-A
dee

Post by dee »

Amy on Salt Spring wrote:I promise to love it when it finally makes its way to Canada... :cry:
-A
i know what you mean amy, my local usps must be enjoying the bloody catalog before getting around to delivering it to me :? haven't seen hide nor hair of it yet :(
D
Dee Janssen
Unicorn's Creations Studio
http://ucjewelry.com
dee@ucjewelry.com
Pam Hrycyk

Post by Pam Hrycyk »

Amy on Salt Spring wrote:I promise to love it when it finally makes its way to Canada... :cry:
-A
Have faith Amy. It will arrive on your little island soon. I got mine this week and it's worth the wait.

Pam
Cher

Post by Cher »

DROOL! Seeing so many pieces of art from people I "listen" to every day is perfect. The separate shots of the glass are fab and just what I need!
>^..^<